Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Becoming a Moderator: Hints and Tips?
Started by [E] Zipsam [1]

Hi! I am Zipsam, and I am relatively new to this server. Of all the other servers I have played on, this one is the best so far!

I was hoping that one day, I could become and Moderator of the server. I am not asking or demanding to be one, I would just like some helpful hints and tips I could use in the future. If any Mods are reading this, it would be extremely nice if you left a comment!

Thank you!

-Zipsam

PS: I know there was an issue with me using the Trade Chat to get the attention of a Moderator. I can't recall which Moderator caught me, but I just wanted to say I am truly sorry about that. I was frustrated that nobody could see me repeating questions over and over for about ten minutes, and now I promise I will never abuse the Trade Chat.

Happy Holidays!

Aha that was me kicking you for using Trade Chat incorrectly, I forgive you <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Some tips I can think of:

- Be helpful. Help other new members such as giving them some items to getting them started or helping them find a home to build in or answering basic newbie questions such as 'Why can't I build here?' (Most don't know about regions when they start)

- Always be polite, manners are a good way to show your maturity and its nice to get please and thanks you's once in a while <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

- Enjoy the server and make some friends! The decisions for mods are also based on how they are within the community, the more likes you get on your mod application form the better but BE WARNED: Asking or hinting for likes just makes people dislike you and also mods consider it begging and we dont like that.

I hope this helps you, I hope you have a good Christmas too <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

x
DANNI! Curse you, I typed about the same thing, haha. So I just deleted my comment. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object> You beat me to it by like, a minute, haha.
If you need tips then imo you shouldnt become a moderator
I dont agree inthepast, he has been nothing but polite and mature in his post. Why dislike him for that?

Also its fine to ask for tips. The more players that act like the tips I mentioned the better, it helps them become respectable players and allows them to understand a small faction of what we consider for potential trial mods.

Some players want to help contribute to the server but are not sure how without getting in the way or annoying mods, if you don't ask you don't get.

Its better to ask than assume you're helping when actually its quite the opposite. E.g. Players comment on ban appeals thinking they are helping but it either makes the situation worse as the opinions are not needed or its something the mods can easily handle so they shouldnt be commenting on ban appeals that they are not directly involved in.
Give Gigglegasm lots and lots of diamonds (and dont fall for scams like this)

I think Danni covered most the bases. Maybe try to get to know alot of people to get a feel of the servers overall thoughts and such?

No one is perfect... asking how to improve? That sounds like a great quality to have in a mod <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Thats a good gone giggle, getting to know the community is pretty important. Most mods have been on the server for at least a month before they get promoted. It gives them the chance to get to know people, get accustomed to the plugins and how they work etc <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Oh and do sawine 'special favours' you'll get OP

jk
I agree with GiggleGasm. Make some friends and earn the respect of the community here. So far, in my opinion, you've shown potential (like Danni said) in asking. I remember back when I was in high school, by best friend and I had a rule. Opportunity + instinct = success. You've just opened an opportunity for yourself (you have, at least, partial backing by Danni to do your best), and your instinct (most likely) is to do your best (which is implied by Danni). If you do these things, the likelihood of attaining what you've asked about is increased significantly.

For starters, you could keep an eye on the chat from time to time and help people you see are asking for it. Often times, like you, I've asked questions without gaining an answer. We're a big community now. I remember when there was just 30-40 of us on at a time, and answers were given right away. Now, since we have (during mid day) around 150 people on, we need people to help each other out. Mods/admins are flooded with more /pe's and work. If they see someone helping the community out, or hear about someone helping... their opinion of that person will increase significantly. When you apply, they'd probably ask each other about you (you being a general term here) and see each other's opinions. If there's a majority consensus (from what I'd think they'd be doing) then you'll be accepted for a trial.

*I don't know the actual process, I just described a "democratically ideal way" of doing so.
As for the person who has just gone and disliked every post in this thread: You're a real ass.

If you don't agree with something then please feel free to discuss rather than just disliking everything you see, this thread is open for discussions and I would be interested to see what sort of valid point you have for disliking everyone's opinion.