Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Mumble-pros and cons.
Started by [E] McChimp

McChimp wrote:
Look, I agree, there's some good stuff to mumble-you can hear the people on this server speak. But it has it's cons. For example, a mod, namely heiwashing, told me earlier today that 'Only the people on mumble are 'cool'. This is not so. We managed ages before mumble, getting on fine. Suddenly, anyone not on mumble was rejected. Those without a headset have less freedom of speech. This is not as minetown should be. About 7 months ago, I joined for the community. It was a nice, happy server where problems were sorted out by a mod or on the guest world. Nowadays, fighting is not allowed in the guest world, and the mods look down on anyone not on mumble. And I know that the mods are all on mumble, because you have to have it, and use it reguarly, to become a mod. Again, this is not how it should be. This server is now full of guests, members and donators. The mods are few, and have trouble sorting out the guests who are trolling this server almost constantly. If we got rid of this 'mumble' thing, then perhaps we'd have a few more capable mods, ready to ban, mute or whatever these noobs. The same goes for the 'Over 16' mod rule. I know plenty of under 16s who are perfectly responsible and intelligent. This server's community is ruled by mumble, and all those who don't have it are no longer accepted. I find this a terrible state of affairs. I am opening this as a debade, so people can choose whether they want this to continue-as it is a debate, comments are welcome. I am going to be honest, I want to get rid of mumble, but the poll is free and you can answer as you please.

i think your over generalizing, people use mumbles to get more fun out of playing on minetown/whatever
I don't use mumble, and probably wont because my voice is damaged ... .

That said i really don't believe it is some mystical discrimination society excluding excellent players such as yourself for not using it !

If there is, you really dont want to be in with the "cool" people anyways, do you ?

Go your own path and let those who enjoy it and utilize it as an effective tool for their JOB do their thing unmolested !

There is no REQUIREMENT for YOU to use it, so don't. There are plenty of players who don't use it and don't feel they need it to enjoy their multiplayer experience.

For those who do, more power to them !

Get down off your orange crate, and stop lecturing.
McChimp wrote:
Why must I repeatedly point this oput? I blame it on to many new people. We managed up until about a month ago WITHOUT mumble. It is NOT necaserry. We were doing fine without it. The mods and admins should be on the server, helping the community, where they're meant to be. The job of mod is to moderate, not ignore. If the job of 'moderating' is neglected, the server will be rife with trolls!

Mumble is and has been used regularly for over a year. Mumble is nothing new, stop freaking out and :chillpill:

I spend at least 2hrs+ doing user petitions and doing guest applications daily on top of working a full time job and living an active social life. Guaranteed most (if not all) have similar routines. :tnt:
Locked before this turn into a deep existential conspiracy debate.

Also Minetown is not ran by Illuminatis but by Reptilians.