Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Mumble-pros and cons.
Started by [E] McChimp

It's not trolling from a single person when 6 people have said it.
How old are you McChimp?
I am younger than 16, but feel I shouldn't be treated any less well than anyone else for this reason.
Modern, I have seen 60 people repeatedly called 'Uncool' SIX TIMES today. Those who use it see themselves as our betters, as I have been told by them, hence the dictatorship. This did not happen back when we were smaller-the people using the MC chat weren't lost in the huge tangle of words. I don't have a headset. This poll shows that about 1/3 people hasn't either, and is feeling left out because of this. We should be thinking about the community, not ourselves.
You are searching problems where there are none.

First, it's false that our staff shows favoritism towards Mumble users.

Second, Mumble is nothing but good. It helps making communications A LOT more easier between the staff itself and the players.

3rd, All your arguments are based on your personal generalization of the situation. You are being selfish and claiming mumble makes you "less popular" on the server and for that reason it should go away !?

4, Guest pvp is not against the rule. Harrassing guests is.

5. Yes there are mature people under the age of 16. We never said otherwise. We simply instaured a standard that saves us time and for other reasons that I feel I don't need to explain and most people are going to understand.

6. ...This thread and poll are self-explanatory why people under 16 are not accepted.... Your overall judgement of this situation is clearly wrong and biased.

...And I already wasted too much time writting this.

Cya
I'm not really sure where to start with this post, I know for me personally I never treat anyone any different because they aren't on mumble. Every second i spend on the server I am either helping someone or going through apps. I haven't placed one block to start a building in months. I am not complaining because I want to be a mod and I accept that my things have to wait so I can help others. As to heiwashin saying people on mumble are not cool I cannot comment, but I know for a fact he is a stand up guy, and never favors one person over the other. I have a hard time understanding where all this is coming from with you. All I can tell you is that we are all human and make mistakes or say things that we wish we hadn't. You have to realize the load that gets put on each and every mod, admin, and especially Sawine. Every day that goes by the server grows and needs more things to help keep it running and to try to please everyone. Its not an easy job and we can't please everyone all the time. Try and look at it from our point of view as staffmembers, and don't think of just how you are feeling. I am sorry if you feel like you are being treated differently and I will do what ever I can to make your experience on the server better. Thanks.
The conversation about Mumble started today because there was a reference to League of Legends. The joke about cool people was just that, a joke. And somehow a little joke turned into this ridiculous mountain. The in-game chat has not suffered because of Mumble, on account of a two-minute conversation involving it. And seriously, if you had totally ignored the Mumble conversation, it would have been quickly been forgotten and nobody would have given a single shit about who is on Mumble and who is not.
The issue of inequality has not arisen from Mumble but from a much more flawed system in which wealth is controlled by a few elect who have held the wealth of the server for generations. This same power has now taken control of the society we call minetown and imposed censors in almost all forms of communication or closely monitor anything said by the players to maintain their authority. With this power they strive to achieve they create more and more diamonds devaluing the currency ,while hoarding all the servers resources for themselves. No this is not the admins and mods you know and love this is the Illuminati who have managed to infiltrate and corrupt even echelons of our servers hierarchy!

TL;DR The Illuminati are ruining our server and devaluing our diamonds for their own gains.
Ahh man....I need to get in mumble so I can be cool with everyone else! LOL

Even when I do log into mumble, people have to ask me in game to put my headphones on. So no not all the mods are in mumble all the time.

Just my 2 cents
Guys! LOL!

Mumble has nothing to do with popularity, it's just a communication tool, as it's far easier to talk and mine, than it is to type and mine, durrrr. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

And I'm NEVER on mumble, and everyone knows that I'm everybody's favorite on this server! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

But seriously: I don't think there is any favoritism going on. As I said I don't use mumble, but I still get my /pe answered, and generally that happens in the order it was submitted, like everyone else's, so there really is no problem.

Just chill out, man.

EDIT: And as this is a "gaming community," with people who play together on more than just Minecraft, Mumble allows for communication across games. It's rather handy, actually.