Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Mumble-pros and cons.
Started by [E] McChimp

Look, I agree, there's some good stuff to mumble-you can hear the people on this server speak. But it has it's cons. For example, a mod, namely heiwashing, told me earlier today that 'Only the people on mumble are 'cool'. This is not so. We managed ages before mumble, getting on fine. Suddenly, anyone not on mumble was rejected. Those without a headset have less freedom of speech. This is not as minetown should be. About 7 months ago, I joined for the community. It was a nice, happy server where problems were sorted out by a mod or on the guest world. Nowadays, fighting is not allowed in the guest world, and the mods look down on anyone not on mumble. And I know that the mods are all on mumble, because you have to have it, and use it reguarly, to become a mod. Again, this is not how it should be. This server is now full of guests, members and donators. The mods are few, and have trouble sorting out the guests who are trolling this server almost constantly. If we got rid of this 'mumble' thing, then perhaps we'd have a few more capable mods, ready to ban, mute or whatever these noobs. The same goes for the 'Over 16' mod rule. I know plenty of under 16s who are perfectly responsible and intelligent. This server's community is ruled by mumble, and all those who don't have it are no longer accepted. I find this a terrible state of affairs. I am opening this as a debade, so people can choose whether they want this to continue-as it is a debate, comments are welcome. I am going to be honest, I want to get rid of mumble, but the poll is free and you can answer as you please.
what the hell is this
What is this? My protest aginst the server being run by something that half of us don't have. It's your decision, and you voted to keep it running the server. That's what you chose and I can't do anything about it. It's a poll, or has mumble negated that being useful?
Sorry, but some people would like to talk rather than type. I know for a fact it's easier to play Minecraft without stopping every 5 seconds to type a message to someone. If you don't like to talk on Mumble, people won't reject you. I know plenty of people who play on this server without Mumble, and don't get rejected. Mumble is a privilege, so be appreciative that the Minetown staff has set this up for the players to use. So please, be appreciative of what is offered to us (the players) to take advantage of.
Seems to me like you're not liked, and your angry at the fact that you were rejected from the mumble community. I don't see why the mumble would be removed when it's been there for ages. Even so, people would just go on skype or something to talk and then you wouldn't be "cool" for not being on the skype. So this would just make people even more mad because they wouldn't be added to the calls. Short term removing mumble might make YOU happy because you would have gotten what you wanted, but within weeks you'll be crying about the same old things. Kbye
Checkers, I've never been on mumble. I've just listened to the reports from those who have it about how 'Now we're the only 'cool' people' I wasn't rejected-I started my own rebellion against it. You've read it. Everyone has a just choice.
Dev, a point you've mislaid is that you have to pay the money to get the headset to get this, a privelage some don't have. This needs to be recognised. If those without an expensive peice of hardware don't get a say in the community, then people lose interest in the server. And those in the community without it feel cut-off.
there is nothing wron with mumble it is easier to use than talk and its nice to be able to hear people talk then read some sort of chat, also its a social thing, if your the socially awkward penguin then thats fine, dont use mumble, but i can guarantee you that mumble can-not and will-not be removed, it is not only a tool for us to use, but is also a neccessity for admins and mods to be able to discuss things with each other without having to type in-game, if something goes wrong, guess where every mod and admin is going to be? in mumble, it is a neccessity, thats why it will never be removed

-mike
Also, I am annoyed to see, people are voting me down for speaking out for what I beleive in. Just because I criticize this does NOT mean that I am to be disliked-I am not forcing this, you all have a choice here. There are two options on the poll, so why dislike me? You can merely vote for 'keep mumble'.
Dude, are you trolling being trolled? Only about twenty people actively use Mumble, compared to the couple hundred of active Minetown players. Nobody is being "favored" because they use Mumble. Certainly there are benefits to Mumble, some things are better explained with voice than limited text fields, but you won't be denied fair help just cause you've never been on Mumble. The voice server is a BONUS to the server, not a requirement. Honestly, you spent an hour, probably more (some people actually PLAY on Minetown) whining about whatever was the hot topic in chat. Moderator ages, Mumble, how the server is a dictatorship (wth?), the size of the Minetown community, etc. If everything about the server is wrong, perhaps it's time to find a server that fits your play style better.