Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Guest Control
Started by [E] Coffeey

sawine wrote:
Ok... please note that the way Minecraft 1.8.1 is coded, every additional player over 60 will start decreasing the server tick (which is equivalent to the server clock / response time) There is nothing we can do about it.

So to Summarize, if there are over 60 players on, skip mining, clearing or any other manipulative minecraft activity.

I am really glad you explained this limitation of the current release, it helps a lot to make it clear that the issue is with the minecraft software and NOT our fabulous server!

As for the guest issues, my vote would be for an /ignore guest switch if possible, so regular members could actually carry on a conversation.

Thank you Sawine, and all our admins and mods for the excellent WORK you do to keep US PLAYING.
I am an actual guest on the server and yet a member on the forum :/, and i too had the problem of guests being very annoying on plug.play.pay so what we did was made guests have limited chat and cannot break blocks, the griefers got bored before they were members and the more determined got banned. i personally think there should be a sign at the end of the notification ones saying 'If you are going to ask the question we just answered, go find a different server or read it again.'
llamas55 wrote:
. i personally think there should be a sign at the end of the notification ones saying 'If you are going to ask the question we just answered, go find a different server or read it again.'

it wouldnt make a difference because they would read the sign anyways u know?

If they read the signs then the sign you want to be put up would be pointless
Being a guest myself, I actually approve of the separate server idea (though I know sawine might not possess the resources to make it work). It's fun to explore the server for a little while, but it quickly becomes boring. Having a different server would eliminate this problem, but then again it would become impossible to explore the server. Maybe we can find some sort of happy medium...?
*Ahem* Guest world *Ahem*
Ceannfaolaidh wrote:
Being a guest myself, I actually approve of the separate server idea (though I know sawine might not possess the resources to make it work). It's fun to explore the server for a little while, but it quickly becomes boring. Having a different server would eliminate this problem, but then again it would become impossible to explore the server. Maybe we can find some sort of happy medium...?

... You know that there is a guest world right ?
Ceannfaolaidh wrote:
sawine wrote:
... You know that there is a guest world right ?

why you no read the messages boards at spawn?
Suppress the minorities!

Minorities become majority

Suppress the majority! (lower class)

Story of the world