Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Guest Control
Started by [E] Coffeey

i know the server relies on guest but i remember someone saying 'we need dedicated members and not just piles of members'.

and not everyone may have 'state of the art' internet connection like you so u might not understand that a lot of us find it hard to connect.

I really want this cap on the number of guests btw <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Having a cap might make it hard. What if someone just connects and goes afk for hours on end? Sure, they die but they don't get disconnected. That's the problem with your cap idea. Splitting the RAM would be much more effective in this case.
i agree with u 100%
Coffeey wrote:
i know the server relies on guest but i remember someone saying 'we need dedicated members and not just piles of members'.

and not everyone may have 'state of the art' internet connection like you so u might not understand that a lot of us find it hard to connect.

I really want this cap on the number of guests btw <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

I said Quality over Quantity once, however to find that one good person you have to go through 50 ten year olds wanting to grief everything they see .

Even if we have to wait through a month of BS for 100 dedicated productive members, it will be better than not.
would it not be worth it
what we really need is a guest chat filter or rather, filtered chat for which world you are in
Coffeey wrote:
but you dont get that most of guests that come in have no intention of staying on the server but just want to do something for 10 minutes because there bored. Thats what i see

We can't just assume that.
GodOfSquirrels wrote:
Coffeey wrote:
but you dont get that most of guests that come in have no intention of staying on the server but just want to do something for 10 minutes because there bored. Thats what i see

We can't just assume that.

That is a faiir but it is true a lot of the times
I we been inactive, but i have a bad feeling about all the guests joining these days.. 68 guests at once..

Seems quite strange, like if a griefer clan decided to target us?

I hope its nothing to worry about, but we shouldnt ingore the increaseing number of guests, and that atleast 5/10+ of them ends up being banned..
i think because some guests like to spam, that ( if there is ) we should get a "anti-spam" for guests to limit the amount you can say maybe 10 sentances every 30 or 60 seconds i know we have a anti spam filter but sometimes it doesnt work and guests/non guests can get through it with a auto typer ( i bet most use one called "garys hood runescape auto-typer and auto-clicker ) :/