Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Best Antivirus
Started by [E] Reggief

YOu can HAVE a virus with mac, but its useless if it was coded for windows. Some viruses can still jump from your mac to your drives (like usb) and get to their coded system, like when you plug your stick into a winodws system.
I'd say spend the money and get Panda.

I've never had any problems with Panda, it's easy to use and catches everything~
I think I made this post a while ago. But I ended up getting Avast for 2 years for 65$
jjd712 wrote:
additional info:

Percentage of Mac vs PC users for 2009

92.7% Windows

5.12% Mac

0.95% Linux

Jjd712, you should probably update your info because this is definatey not the case anymore, Macs are rapidly taking up a larger portion of the market (and as a windows user it pains me to say that) however the stats you provided and the info you provided are the reason why Macs were long thought to be completely resiliant to viruses, because not many people bothered to code viruses for Macs a few years ago, however now there are being more and more viruses getting on and being created for Macs, many of which actually get on to the machines through fake or infected anti-virus updates. So anyone who still thinks Macs cannot get viruses is either an idealist or just a bit silly!
A Little Off The Anti-Virus Topic, But An Intresting Website About Mac Users Vs PC Users.

http://flowingdata.com/2011/04/26/mac-vs-pc-people/
BitDefender Is really good, considering you like smaller(More focused) Antivirus companys.
:21"]
jjd712 wrote:
additional info:

Percentage of Mac vs PC users for 2009

92.7% Windows

5.12% Mac

0.95% Linux

Jjd712, you should probably update your info because this is definatey not the case anymore, Macs are rapidly taking up a larger portion of the market (and as a windows user it pains me to say that) however the stats you provided and the info you provided are the reason why Macs were long thought to be completely resiliant to viruses, because not many people bothered to code viruses for Macs a few years ago, however now there are being more and more viruses getting on and being created for Macs, many of which actually get on to the machines through fake or infected anti-virus updates. So anyone who still thinks Macs cannot get viruses is either an idealist or just a bit silly!

Even in 2009 those statistics were wrong xD I'm not sure where he got them, possibly from some media story, cos there always accurate <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object> Hackers and the like have targeted Macs for years, there an easy target cos users are naive enough to think there safe, and they often get away with it. Talk to any expert working for an anti-virus company and you can bet they will say the statistics for how many viruses affect macs is increasingly inaccurate, cos they dont know, its getting better but the style of hit and run virus that commonly is used for the Mac OS'es for the most part wont show up in the sample tests because they dont leave much of a trace.

iOS also rapidly became a big target. Why? Cos people are naive about protecting them xD Every joe blogs and his dog knows to get anti-virus for windows but Mac and iOS devices? There are some awesome conversations to be had with people in the industry.
SERIOUSLY GO FREE OR GO HOME, BEST REAL COMPUTER GEEK SETUP IS MOST IMPORTANTLY ZENOK FREE ANTIVIRUS. NO REAL COMPUTER GEEK CAN HONESTLY NOT SAY THAT THIS IS NOT THE BEST SET UP, AS LONG AS YOU NO HOW TO SET THEM UP JUST RIGHT!UM BY FOOTPRINT I THINK YOU MEAN YOUR COMPUTERS RESOURCES, NO COMPETTION BEST SET UP HANDS DOWN
Please don't spam caps like that. It makes us less likely to listen to what you have to say. The rest of us manage just fine in lower case.

Also, Zenok is slow and buggy.
sawine wrote:
lol norton is crap.

I use Avast.

AVG or Kaspersky are good too

Sawine has spoken