Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Best Antivirus
Started by [E] Reggief

Happyworm360 wrote:
WHATS AN ANTIVIRUS LOOOLOLOL

Something that gets rid of you.
avast, redcure
If you have windows 7, the best free anti-virus program is Microsoft Security Essentials. You can allocate your processor to tell how much you are willing to devote towards the scan (the more you allocate, the faster it goes, duh, lol... took me forever to figure out, I stick at 50% as I never use my 3Ghz).

As to paid, I hear that McAfee is good, but is a resource hog and you have to disable the program to play high end games (as well, minecraft seems to have issues with it according to my friend). AVG is something I'm familiar with, and works great on pc's. There is also bitdefender, the world's number one ranking (and pretty expensive) program according to several different reviews, but I know Panda is in the top five and isn't that much to buy, so I'd suggest that for an all around cost-benefit program.
EDIT: Well the reply did NOT work... FAIL

this SHOULD be a reply to Tprezzle

Well you are WRONG. macs can get infected, it is rare because macs make up such a small percentage of the market there is no need to write mac specific viruses when you can code a windows virus and infect 10 times the amount of computers compared to macs. Also most tools used to help create the virus are created for windows as well.

additional info:

Percentage of Mac vs PC users for 2009

92.7% Windows

5.12% Mac

0.95% Linux

virtual Windows running on a mac can get windows viruses.

Mac OSX can serve as a virus carrier, meaning that a virus could be stored on an Apple Computer but not infect it. However, if that infected Apple computer were then to connect to a network or forward an infected e-mail, it could infect a Windows computer.

Just my 2 cents
linux to the max
Fu** i just installed McAfee on my virtual machine uninstalling and i guess switching to avast.
Why the bump, maaaan?
I use Bulldog
jjd712 wrote:

Well you are WRONG. macs can get infected, it is rare because macs make up such a small percentage of the market there is no need to write mac specific viruses when you can code a windows virus and infect 10 times the amount of computers compared to macs. Also most tools used to help create the virus are created for windows as well.

additional info:

92.7% Windows

5.12% Mac

0.95% Linux

Mac OSX can serve as a virus carrier, meaning that a virus could be stored on an Apple Computer but not infect it. However, if that infected Apple computer were then to connect to a network or forward an infected e-mail, it could infect a Windows computer.

Just my 2 cents

Yes. That virus will be in the virtual C Drive folder. Nothing to do with the OSX operating system and totally separate, if you don't want it there, delete the folder.

Again, yes macs can carry viruses, of course they can. Your USB Drive can carry viruses, doesn't mean it will affect it.

Macs are so resilient it makes me want to cry with joy.
jjd712 wrote:

additional info:

92.7% Windows

5.12% Mac

0.95% Linux

Just my 2 cents

Yes. That virus will be in the virtual C Drive folder. Nothing to do with the OSX operating system and totally separate, if you don't want it there, delete the folder.

Again, yes macs can carry viruses, of course they can. Your USB Drive can carry viruses, doesn't mean it will affect it.

Macs are so resilient it makes me want to cry with joy.