Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Let us thumb down comments again
Started by [E] CheckersFX

@2077764 wrote:

- People spam downvote people

- People get upset over it (Don't moan about this, people just do)

- Trolls (lol)

- Unnecessary (It's okay how it is)

Okay so I shot you down last time, because your points were the same as Lomanic's and I just didn't feel like typing a whole bunch of stuff I already said, but I guess I can do it.

'-People spam downvote people' Yes, while I agree that that is an issue, I've offered up multiple solutions to this problem.

'-People get upset over it' I also agree with this, but as I've expressed before, my opinion is that if you can't handle one negative vote you really shouldn't be on the internet in the first place. But if you don't see it that way, I certainly see where that could be a problem, but I don't deal with people on a daily basis so the concept of being disheartened by such a small thing is very odd to me.

'-Trolls' As i said a few lines up, I've offered solutions to this problem, such as forum staff actually moderating the forums, and punishing the trolls for abusing the system in any way.

'-Unnecessary' I respect your opinion there, but I have to disagree with you. I said it before, some people see it this way, while people such as myself, view the negative kudos as something important.
Perhaps a system can be made (not sure if its possible or not) that if one wants to give out a negative kudos they must lose one positive kudos of their own. Or reintroduce negative kudos but place a limit as to how much negatives one may give out, and if someone has more kudos they can give out more negatives per day. Just some thoughts I had.
One method I saw was that it shows who down voted the post, it also asks for a reason for the down vote. That seemed to work on that website. But in all honesty, why "fix" something that isn't broken?
@452022 wrote:
So when I say something relevant to the topic of this thread it'll take up to a week to get a response, but if I say one small thing about someone's grammar I immediately get told that I need to watch what I say.

Or maybe I'm just not on much because I have a life outside of Minetown that takes priority at the moment. I saw that and made a comment on it because you shouldn't disrespect others on the forums, and it's my job when I am on to enforce that as staff. I would say the same thing if you had said it to a member.
@1151854 wrote:

Or maybe I'm just not on much because I have a life outside of Minetown that takes priority at the moment. I saw that and made a comment on it because you shouldn't disrespect others on the forums, and it's my job when I am on to enforce that as staff. I would say the same thing if you had said it to a member.

I don't remember addressing you in particular, as that was the first thing you had said.. Unless you consider yourself as a rep for the entire Minetown staff and you like to speak as all of them. But if you could please spare this thread and not clutter it with something as off-topic as this that would be great. I'd like to ask you to refer to the rules... you know the one that says "Aim to keep discussion on-topic for a given forum thread."

Other than that, If you'd like to share your opinion on the topic I'd love to hear it. But having a "life outside of Minetown", that might be difficult to do.
I'm not being funny but who would be bothered by negative kudos? You could downvote every one of my 280 posts or whatever, 5 of you could do it and I'd have -1200 kudos. I wouldn't give a shit, I'm not going to go and slash my wrists over it, am I? Just because someone is crying about their kudos being negative doesn't mean you have to reset it. Tell them to get over it because they should.

I agree with Checkers. There's no harm in adding negative kudos except it takes some effort to do so. For positives, putting beside petty little shits spamming negative kudos' on people's posts (likewtfgrowupguys) you can use negative kudos to express your opinion on matters.
One of the main reasons i think we should just leave it as is, it is completely pointless. I see the options either as, keep it as is, or completely erase the kudo function. I Like cache's idea. If ANY number is going to be there it should just be the number of posts and replies in green, to promote more user activity. But honestly, there is no reason to change it, its a medium effort to change something with such little impact, honestly, i say just leave it alone. That seems to be a popular conclusion due to the fact that it is a good idea. Everyone has an opinion, this is mine.
@739033 wrote:
One of the main reasons i think we should just leave it as is, it is completely pointless. I see the options either as, keep it as is, or completely erase the kudo function. I Like cache's idea. If ANY number is going to be there it should just be the number of posts and replies in green, to promote more user activity. But honestly, there is no reason to change it, its a medium effort to change something with such little impact, honestly, i say just leave it alone. That seems to be a popular conclusion due to the fact that it is a good idea. Everyone has an opinion, this is mine.

Did you just necro a post that you disagreed with?
@795855 wrote:
@739033 wrote:

Did you just necro a post that you disagreed with?

Yes. Get on his level bro.
i didnt mean to necro it, it was on my latest posts section.