Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Let us thumb down comments again
Started by [E] CheckersFX

So far this thread consists of 'nuh uh!' then 'uh huh!'.

Then sudden bursts of 'wisdom'! Pew pew!

Firing straight out of every orifice!

I must say this is simply magical.
@727788 wrote:
@1787762 wrote:
And if there is "no need" for negative kudos, why have they not been removed from all the accounts that were around when this was still in affect? Why do we get stuck with far less than we deserve in terms of 'kudos.'

If you have negative kudos, you can get them reset to 0..

Far less than we deserve? Comment and say thumbs down or something o.o idk but saying that's far less than you deserve is a bit much..A kudos isn't that important

The "far less than we deserve" was more of an actual reference to the kudos... that post was in reply to someone saying to suck it up and take the negative kudos that have been given to us, but haven't been removed. People have +500 and -300, so they have 200 kudos, when they SHOULD have 500 according to this positive only system. While others have +500 but no chance of getting negatives, therefor the people with -300 have far less than they deserve, because they have only 200 as apposed to 500. THAT is what that was about, not some deep meaning that you're thinking it was about.
@1245822 wrote:
So far this thread consists of 'nuh uh!' then 'uh huh!'.

Then sudden bursts of 'wisdom'! Pew pew!

Firing straight out of every orifice!

I must say this is simply magical.

That's what I want in this thread, an actual argument, I've presented my argument as to why I want this system back in place, and others have posted their counter to it, and I've responded with my own counters to their arguments. While it is very "nuh uh" then "uh huh", its a forum, that's kinda what happens in them.

And watch those Pew Pews, that last one almost hit some people.
Looking into ways to remove the negative kudos to leave people with just the positive ones they have gotten.
Yay a step in the exact opposite direction of where I wanted this to go <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>!
dooodoodododooodoo
Why is this dead? And why did this guy basically get slapped in the face for having a good suggestion and easily overcoming all of the objections put forth? What happened to the staff I remember that used to take community feedback seriously? I hope they aren't as jaded to our thoughts and opinions about the server as some of them have been making themselves appear over the past months. That would be very unfortunate indeed.
It's something that is completely irrelevant. I dont think it should be changed at all, kudos are completely pointless. and Personally theres no poin in changing them
@426160 wrote:
Why is this dead? And why did this guy basically get slapped in the face for having a good suggestion and easily overcoming all of the objections put forth? What happened to the staff I remember that used to take community feedback seriously? I hope they aren't as jaded to our thoughts and opinions about the server as some of them have been making themselves appear over the past months. That would be very unfortunate indeed.

where do you see staff not taking this seriously? this is an open discussion and one that only a few members of staff can actually make the decision on, dont make drama where there is none Fett.
@739033 wrote:
It's something that is completely irrelevant. I dont think it should be changed at all, kudos are completely pointless. and Personally theres no poin in changing them

"Personally there's no poin in changing them" Exactly as I stated before.... please read before posting in a thread, as I said, just because you don't care about them doesn't mean that every other member of this community feels the same way. They mean someone to me, and others, we look at that and value them as more than just some meaningless number.

Wouldn't want anyone's feelings getting hurt might as well remove this line here.Sorry.

Which is why all of my posts are edited 5-10 times... because I'm an asshole and I press post and THEN decide that I shouldn't have said things.... And I'm used to responses taking days... not minutes.