Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Let us thumb down comments again
Started by [E] CheckersFX

I was really hoping for a response from staff that didn't consist of 3 sentences in total. Has it really been given up on that much that nobody cares about it at all?

Please, present me with more of your opinions on the matter and why this system has to be the way it is. I've offered solutions to all the "problems" that Lom pointed out, now I want an actual reason as to why the system has to remain like this.
- "Trolls" "feed" off negative kudos

- Some arseholes decide to thumb-down all of someone's posts, if they simply don't like them

- Some people get sad if they get negative kudos, which brings unnecessary attention and fuss

It's really not that important; the system is fine as it is.
Good to know you can copy and paste Lom's post and add bullets, thanks for the insight on the topic.
@452022 wrote:
Please, present me with more of your opinions on the matter and why this system has to be the way it is.

Well I'm sorry, I thought you wanted more people to contribute. Perhaps I shouldn't have bothered.

You're welcome.
Personally I could care less. If they are there, cool, if not..cool.
@2077764 wrote:
@452022 wrote:
Please, present me with more of your opinions on the matter and why this system has to be the way it is.

Well I'm sorry, I thought you wanted more people to contribute. Perhaps I shouldn't have bothered.

You're welcome.

I do want contribution, but as I said, and you quoted, I want YOUR opinions, not a copy/paste of someone else's opinions.

And if you just happened to write those points, word for word like Lomanic did and its just a coincidence, refer to my response to him, and those points aren't exactly valid afterwards now are they.

And are you kidding me? "Some people get sad" For real? This is the internet, if someone gets even the least bit sad over something ridiculously small like that, they have no place on the internet. After all, your words were "It's not really that important," now weren't they?
@1787762 wrote:
And if there is "no need" for negative kudos, why have they not been removed from all the accounts that were around when this was still in affect? Why do we get stuck with far less than we deserve in terms of 'kudos.'

If you have negative kudos, you can get them reset to 0..

Far less than we deserve? Comment and say thumbs down or something o.o idk but saying that's far less than you deserve is a bit much..A kudos isn't that important
There would be so many situations where I would love there to be dislikes for the forums, especially in the matter that I was extremely good at posting post dead threads which only caused loss of respect. The only difference dislikes gave me was a quick way to say 'Lugg, please don't do this'.

Then there's the fact of 'trolling' when someone goes through all your posts and dislikes them but seriously, what's the difference? I find the counting of forum likes and amount of posts as interesting as profile views, so far I've noticed the amount of likes you've had on facebook hasn't been displayed to me and I wouldn't be interested even if they did.

All I can really say about this is that I agree with checkers, disliking a post is so much easier than posting 'dude, stahp' thousands of times.

Not sure this would amount to anything at all, seems that they've made their minds up and others are just copy-pasting through previous posts.

lunapic_132009218615037_5.gif
@2077764 wrote:
@452022 wrote:

You're welcome.

So much sass >.>
@452022 wrote:
"Some people get sad"

take a look at jallaf's post

In all seriousness though, i agree with madster, if its there, cool, if its not, cool--it doesn't really matter to me