Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Let us thumb down comments again
Started by [E] CheckersFX

@452022 wrote:
"Personally there's no poin in changing them" Exactly as I stated before.... please read before posting in a thread, as I said, just because you don't care about them doesn't mean that every other member of this community feels the same way. They mean someone to me, and others, we look at that and value them as more than just some meaningless number.
@452022 wrote:
That's what I want in this thread, an actual argument

He was giving his view about them, also bringing discussion back to the thread like you wanted. Please don't simply knock down his post because his view didn't agree with yours and was straight to the point.

Now to my view,

I don't really care for kudos at all, but I see why some people do. It is a number for some to look upon and feel better about themselves, such as having a bunch of friends on Facebook. I would rather them be taken out, as they turn into a sort of popularity contest.
Checkers, it's unnecessary to belittle him by commenting on his grammar. Have your argument, but be respectful.
So when I say something relevant to the topic of this thread it'll take up to a week to get a response, but if I say one small thing about someone's grammar I immediately get told that I need to watch what I say.

If only there was a way to show me that the community didn't agree with what I said... Like some sort of system in place to give points to people who has done something that you can agree with, but take one away from someone who has done something that you don't agree with... But who could possibly think of a system that complex, I mean a system with pluses AND minuses!? How would that be possible!?
Here's an alternative solution. Allow negative kudos, but remove the display of total count. Let people evaluate the worth of those numbers in context of the posts that earned them (positive or negative).

This might be unfortunate for the people proud of having acquired a large number of positive (or negative o.O) kudos though.
@7479807 wrote:
Here's an alternative solution. Allow negative kudos, but remove the display of total count. Let people evaluate the worth of those numbers in context of the posts that earned them (positive or negative).

This might be unfortunate for the people proud of having acquired a large number of positive (or negative o.O) kudos though.

I agree... partially... I believe MAYBE it could just not show the overall kudos of a person UNLESS you actually go to their profile page to check. That way you can't just look while in the thread you're viewing. So maybe someone has a good post 1 in every 50 posts, THAT post could have +20 when in reality he's like -1337... So in the context of the thread its in it'd be great, but still maintaining the overall system of kudos.
@2901096 wrote:
Now to my view,

I don't really care for kudos at all, but I see why some people do. It is a number for some to look upon and feel better about themselves, such as having a bunch of friends on Facebook. I would rather them be taken out, as they turn into a sort of popularity contest.

I agree, it is too much like Facebook... Let's change that and allow us to vote on posts negatively! That'll teach Zuckerburg a lesson or two for copying Minetown.
@452022 wrote:
I agree, it is too much like Facebook... Let's change that and allow us to vote on posts negatively! That'll teach Zuckerburg a lesson or two for copying Minetown.

Apparently you could not see past the example to the point in my argument. It is the same as Cache's second paragraph with the added example <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";-)">;-)</object>

I agree with Cache, allowing negative kudos but removing a person's total number from sight.
Or we could just leave it as it is. don't hate me lel
@2077764 wrote:
Or we could just leave it as it is.

Care to explain why you feel this way, or did you just want to feel involved?

Now before you guys start to give me shit about saying that... A few of you have already backed up others by saying "You want an argument." Well I do, and us being more than 5 years old I believe an argument consists of stating an opinion with reasons as to why you feel this way. I don't want a thread full of 50 different people just saying "I think it should change" or "I think it should stay the same," because where does that get us? We have the knowledge that 50 people think the system should be one way or the other, but we don't know why. There's no room to argue for one side or the other. Bringing other variables into the equation can cause someone's mind to be changed, because they see the good or bad in one side of the argument.

"I don't like soup"

Here we learn this person doesn't like soup.

"I don't like soup because my whole family drowned in a giant bowl of soup"

Here we learn that this person doesn't like soup, because soup can be dangerous, and we should be careful around it, and now maybe other people will learn to dislike soup too.

The moral of the story is that soup is a serious threat to our society and we need it removed.
@452022 wrote:
@2077764 wrote:
Or we could just leave it as it is.

Care to explain why you feel this way, or did you just want to feel involved?

You shot me down last time I tried. But yeah, for the reasons I already stated really.

- People spam downvote people

- People get upset over it (Don't moan about this, people just do)

- Trolls (lol)

- Unnecessary (It's okay how it is)