Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Revamp Feedback Thread
Started by [E] sawine

Hey,

As the title says, let us know your feedbacks and opinions concerning the revamp.

Please make use of constructive criticism.

Thanks and see you!
Perhaps I'm doing the /nick command wrong but I appear to be unable to change my name.

Also, love the cat cannon
@268376 wrote:
Perhaps I'm doing the /nick command wrong but I appear to be unable to change my name.

Also, love the cat cannon

All these changes are not entirely applied yet. They will be by the 8th.
If main2 has Craftbook i'll be happy as a clam. If i make one suggestion please. Please consider unlocking the permissions to use the sign and allow Cooking Pots. The reason i ask for the sign is so that i can assign item specific filters to pipes so i can have a powerful sorting network for things like ores and such.

If cooking pots are out of the question. Could you consider unlocking the piston sign. ME4205 has fixed the issue with the piston being able to crush bedrock and such. Among other things it no longer pops spawners and makes pig spawners possible.

Other then that I find no issue with the revamp yet.
The Revamp is great but:
News Post wrote:

• Main renamed to Classic

• Agharta becomes "Main"

I think the names should be the same..

lol i give shit feedback - great job on the ravamp
@1152292 wrote:
The Revamp is great but:
News Post wrote:

• Main renamed to Classic

• Agharta becomes "Main"

I think the names should be the same..

lol i give shit feedback - great job on the ravamp

That would be great however as this is aimed more towards new players and the MASSIVE hurdle to getting started on main its better off named classic... As any new player would most likely go to "Main" first and probably have a better time.

Before I get replies like omgawad der is be like no hurdle to gettn started

Over a year ago when i started....(in a galaxy far far away?)

I joined and derped around spawn... ran through the nether and died a few times with no home...

Then younger me was like RAGE RAGE RAGE! so i went out what felt like 100's of blocks over buildings and around towns (maybe not towns but attempts at them)...

I finally got tired of running (ill measure how many blocks later if I feel like it...)

So in the middle of this snow biome i plopped down a crappy little dirt structure however all the land was claimed so i had to build it over the water.

Not horrible I know however to this day my house doesn't have a door cause i can't go anywhere with out /warp because everything is so far away...

And my atrocious building would have gotten me kicked out of any town however since all the land around me was claimed but not occupied i have never had a complaint...

This sort of distance between players and not knowing ppl on the server (to tpa to) makes it very hard to find cool people to hangout with...

I know for the first 6mo or so I didn't say a word in g chat... then i donated and could /tpa and started meeting ppl when i traded and became more open on main...

(man this should be a thread... i may copy this later... taking longer than i expected to type... cause i be rambling =p )

I remember the first staff I dared to talk to was matt... thought ppl might get mad about my crappy house (it still looks bad and its still my /home)

Anyways enough stuff to get fully integrated into the server it took me 6+ mo and $300 this is an extreme case I think however I would love to see the join time of some of the more active players (on a few times a week at least) i would suspect none are from 2013.

Well thank you for reading my crappy word spewing and have a great day!
Does Agharta need whitelisting?

Upon doing /server agharta:

5nw28.png
@2571215 wrote:
The reason i ask for the sign is so that i can assign item specific filters to pipes so i can have a powerful sorting network for things like ores and such.

Can be and has been done with hoppers. Circuit is only 1-wide and 4 long per item sorted.

With regards to feedback I'm enjoying the changes thus far. The endercrystal object disguise needs to be editted though as it sets fire to nearby things (clientside)

/rename works on Main, but not on Event.
The introduction of a new server certianly brings a fresh revamp on minetown, and im sure if advertised appropriately (no idea how you would do that) the revamp could bring alot of new players.

The only suggestion i would make in terms of constructive criticism, is less is more. adding improvements to a product is always good, but when theres too much change people don't like it. Keep to your roots and develop on the fundamentals which sell and you will do great. A simple, clear spawn and /marketplace, /bank (which were really well constructed, not painful on the eyes which happens with large, overly-detailed structures.) works really well. you nailed it on the classic server and i appreciated the design. I have been on servers when they just built one large spawn area with so much detail i just get a headache finding the warp signs! I just hope on main2 you have kept to such principles.

As for the item transfer from main1 to main2 - I feel you had to implement a happy medium where people could transfer some of their items from previous server, I just hope the fee for such a transfer is enough to enable a balanced fresh economic start for everyone at main2 (items or credits). I can imagine this required some thought!

Minetown certianly needed a revamp. It is also well timed, I remember Minetown being alot more popular then it is now (Im sure your income has reflected as such from donations <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object> ). It's just never a good idea to change a product too much. So be careful!

I know im being controversial saying less is more and your changing the main server, but such a risk your taking is needed to boost new players coming in. It may not appeal to the 1-2 year veterans but minetown is a business after all, and if you weren't making a single profit from this sawine I would be VERY surprised. You needed to increase player base so a new main server was a good move. I just hope the /spawn, /marketplace or /bank equivalent on main2 is designed as such so its easily navigated, and beautiful like main1.

PS - I may not know much about minecraft, i know from experience altering a product you provide too much can drastically affect outcome. Why do you think treyarch and infinity ward keep the COD series pretty much exactly the same, just different eras? Why do you think EVERY developer (Not entirely true but it bloody seems like it from what i read) are copying league of legends? Why do you think Seth makes family guy - american dad - cleaveland shows so similiar? such examples on top of my head, but you get my point. keep to a winning formula!

PPS - I havent seen main2, and i apologise if i look like an idiot and missread some of the revamps you have created. I just know by extensive research on games, trends, freinds in the gaming industry, My own business experience, what sells. all the best.
This will likely be fixed with an update but the command /u does not work on the Classic server. It does work on the Agharta server. Using /u brings up a chat prompt and the command /undisguise has to be used instead.