Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Why Main2 should be considered more by main1 playerbase!
Started by [E] gammage

Yeah... I have not done too much in Main and I think it would be fun to start all over again, I mean that is what Minecraft is all about!
God i remember pre 1.0 releases to MC. Every update you had no choice but to restart because of the map formats and crap. I got used to it.
sorry johan! i called your jordan just realised upon visiting the thread i made.

Indeed I must have hit on a interesting topic when creating this thread too hehe.

And Griff, I do appreciate your support on this matter, although i was under the assumption my view on main2 was the minority. glad to see it reversed!

Finally, i was expecting constructive debates/criticism on the matter as i wanted peoples view points, not a written arguement as to target my level of reliability (being called a noob). Even if i am a noob, surely that should NOT dictate my freedom of speech. One could come to the conclusion that you think noobs are lesser people, which in turn would suggest some form of elitism. nobody likes a nazi (an extreme metaphor, but one that puts my point across). so please, keep it clean, fun, and about the thread <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
I refuse to play /server arghata until i am whitelisted. This is simply because it will be impossible to play until i am whitelisted.
@775624 wrote:
I refuse to play /server arghata until i am whitelisted. This is simply because it will be impossible to play until i am whitelisted.

I lol'd
@775624 wrote:

I see.
Edit: i see its only open to staff
@775624 wrote:
@924650 wrote:
@775624 wrote:

I see.

This is One hell of a minor inconvenience that i am not whitelisted, I mean like WTF, everyone else is on it.

Then ask to be whitelisted, i'm sure without any prior bans you would be considered. anyway, slightly off topic, But im banned. thats an inconvenience, but hey ho. Im interested in the main server switch, and how to balance the economy. its like figuring out one hell of an equation and making it balanced. Im just amazed it's still balanced - what with the gold ingots being the currency and then mt credits. Also updates which bring in stuff like iron golems... kudos.
I do find it sad there is so much debate over this new server worst comes to worst we just keep playing on main and NOTHING changes other then the improvements mentioned in the main post and I haven't seen anyone (even lancefortier) complain about /d,/kittycannon,and/rename or the soon to come new donor levels. If you want to complain about main2 being released the only complaint that would hold any ground is the staff time put into making it... And the easiest way to kill that argument is the HUGE list of improvements about to hit main... other then that the new main2 can bee seen as a "steeping stone" into main if you will as it will get the new players more easily integrated into the community (see my post here STUPID ME ADD THE LINK) where they can then ( if it is an upgrade) "upgrade" to main if you truly feel its better.. this could be a great opportunity to get some fresh long lasting players... Quite honestly the hate that main2 is getting is just odd... I would ask you to point out an obvious flaw... We are getting a new server.... main is probably getting larger (confirmed by swine HERE)... And we are opening ourselves up to a whole new world of opportunity.

I may have meant to add more however i went to eat b4 i finished so i may have left stuff out...
@2171005 wrote:
I do find it sad there is so much debate over this new server

debate is healthy. it creates democratic values and freedom of speech. Jesus what is with everyone disliking debates?

To the point, its good market research for minetown. people putting their voices heard minetown can reflect on it. I don't understand the hate with a debate. Its not an arguement and helps minetown anyway?!

If you find debates 'sad' Then i feel for you. In my country, we are run by debates. They are done under what we call 'parliament' and it allows democracy.