Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Why Main2 should be considered more by main1 playerbase!
Started by [E] gammage

@744235 wrote:
secondly no one wants to play on main 2

I don't believe this to be true. And if it is, I'm a little sad.

Main could be described as "outdated".

Hours, and hours, and hours of work have been put into Main2, and damn, it looks neat.

Main's economy and general trading has "crashed". Main2 doesn't even have an economy yet, we're going to be building that, and making it thrive very soon.

I think I'd struggle to find a "nice" piece of land to build on, in Main. You've got a whole, fresh and untouched landscape awaiting you on this brand new, and experienced server, over here at Main2.

You're not going to "give up" on your current builds? Fine, continue on them, but don't "brush off" Main2, I'm hoping (and expecting) it to grow popular.
For people like myself and HK, Main is hard to leave because we are both dedicated to working on and expanding Tokyo. We had considered seeing if Tokyo could be somehow moved to Main2, but it sadly isn't a possibility. I know Main2 looks neat and all, but until there's some established work over there town-wise, I don't think I'll play on it much.
There is really almost no point in moving to Main 2 and leaving all your things behind.
One thing that I have noticed the most about Main2 is the sheer amount of Mushroom biomes. They seem to be everywhere in the sea. i have been playing on Main2 since it was first released about a year ago. Many of the complaints that people have about Main are non-existent there. Mushroom biomes are plentiful, there are tons of jungle resources available, there are no spawners (player made), and there are no huge abandoned areas. With the land claim system in place that matches Pearl's, you won't find huge thousand block areas of land that have nothing on it.
I will definitely be playing on Agharta, from what I heard it seems really amazing. Also, I kind of like fresh starts.
No offence barney, i don't see what the difference makes how much ive played on the server, a year or not. it has nothing to do with the topic. and as for 'dominate' the people who have money could easily outstock the competitiion and sell for higher prices. its what i used to do and i made a fair credit with logs and so on. and i did 'dominate' in such respect. you seem like a narrow minded player (no offence.)

However yes, approval would be nice. I got bored and decided to stalk the forums whilst i waited my appeal.

and thirdly, if main2 did gather popularity then of course logs would be popular... as it is on main1. again narrow minded. I have put alot of work in main1, as well as my own server yet I enjoy the struggle from nothing. its survival for a reason. I also tested circuitry with redstone and the like, although not played recently much.

I love how a difference of opinion is made against the majority and all of a sudden im branded a newbie <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

and tarantula i appreciate your input as always.

excuse typos.
If you like Main then stay on Main, if you want to play on Agharta play there.

It really doesn't need to be a big debate.
I just want my Main2 back so I can finish my mansion and tend to my sheep farm :'(
god i need to learn to use quotes! but im lazy.

irethena it doesn't need to be a debate but it's nice for consumer feedback from those who player minetown don't ya think? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

I agree with master jack completely. in fact should the ban appeal be lifted i wouldnt mind joining you build up that economy as a team, my problem on main was I just went solo... not as fun.
@924650 wrote:
Hey all!

So after extensive server playtime, I have concluded that minetowns economy is one of the best. however the main server is quite frankly clogged with the elite few who are extremely wealthy, and that alone has deterred players. a fresh canvas where everyone is equal footing has just been introduced, referred to as main2.

What I don't understand is that why everyone aren't grabbing the chance to exploit that?

Main2 is like the american dream. you can make money not with just logs and wool! (an extreme arguement, not entirely true but to put across my point of view)

Yet people wish to say in main1. lets not forget pretty much all the land in main1 is clogged with regions owned by players that have not played minetown for an age, areas which pretty much mean are dead. main1 is so fresh i will love to be one of the first to cultivate it, ban appeal allowing.

as long as you cant spawn diamonds, main2 has a future. give it a go!

Oh i also hope sawine and the team creates a advertisement campaign for it, would certianly revitalize minetown and its impact on playerbase.
@924650 wrote:
To the 'newbs'? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> I personally think it would be rather impressive for somebody to give up all their work and joining the rat race for server power. Indeed if they were all 'newbs' then you would quickly rise to being the richest and pay for others ingame to flatten land and construct w.e you had, making your years work on main1 look like nothing. potentially.

Your 2 second quote goes against your first because you say that people would quickly rise to be the rich where as on the first you say that you want to be equal.