Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] The Zeitgeist Movement (Got link from sawine)
Started by [E] JayoHJH

you are generally correct. Those who don't contribute are generally those who cannot support themselves. they will naturally fall to the side of the road. these people fall into positions where they are currently just supported anyways by unemployment even though they don't do anything for society.
omg i have an even worse headache now great
No Its real Like Just Sawine Said Humans Can Get Greedy.
yea i know its real well at least i think so its hard to comprehend all i have seen and read
Watch the video lol much easier to comprehend
Just wanted to chime in here to give more details on specific points raised by the OP.
wrote:
re: greed?
You bring up a valid question; it is also the basis for the "nature vs. nurture" discussion. Starting by saying a common misconception is that human beings are inherently greedy. Easy to think that because of our terrible past, that's just "how we are". Provably this is false; modern understanding of human behaviour is that we respond more than anything to our environment.

To say, if our environment encourages scarcity and generally focuses on everyone not having enough, then we tend to be greedy, selfish, even violent. The opposite is also true, if our environment is one of abundance and our wants our practically eliminated, we tend to act kindly & altruistically to each other.

In a Resource Based Economy that the movement advocates, greed would be "designed out" of our society; from a general lack of want, we'd be free to focus on self-improvment instead of the pursuit of "things" or "more for me".

Think of this example:

If it rained gold coins for 1 minute, you'd collect all that you can.

If it rained gold coins for 6 months, you wouldn't bother collecting them at all.

By extension, in a Resource Based Economy, greed would be irrelevant, as there would be no behavioural advantage.
wrote:
re: authority?
This is sort of a loaded question, as the mechanisms by which we hope to transition into a Resource Based Economy (of abundance) from our current scarcity driven monetary economy, are not founded in authority or force. What we advocate is growing up, accepting our old ways provably fail us, understand why, and work together to do better.

To say, we human beings have the authority. It comes down to a choice between fear & love (think about it).
wrote:
re: government?
"Government" in a Resource Based Economy is very different from our concept today. The type of "government" we advocate, is more akin to how your thermostat "governs" the temperature in your house.

The above is to say, most of our society's problems are technical in nature and thus require compassionate technical solutions. With our new technical reality, current notions of government are woefully outdated & provably destructive to our survival; if we want to prosper as a species, we need to evolve.

Survival of the "fittest" simply means "those most adept at adapting to their environment". It was never specifically about strength or power, only when the environment required such traits. Today, the challenges that lay before us are clear; embrace love or fear, evolve or die.

Further reading on these topics are presented in The Movement's Orientation Guide (http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/The%20Zeitgeist%20Movement.pdf) Specifically Ch.7 for Greed & Ch. 5 for "government".

Never give up thinking we can do better than we have; indeed such is what drives our species forward.

Hope this helps.
O ty very clear explanation @ Joseph Matthew but who are you exactly? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
I'm a human being whose been thinking about these ideas for a while and joined the movement not long after its inception. We're over 500,000 members strong now and it's awesome!

I joined this forum to help answer questions on this topic (i've never played on Mine Town sorry <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> )

Is that what you meant by "who are you exactly?"
Yeah
Joseph are you big into the conspiracy part of movie 1 and first part of the second?

All the facts shown prove that 9/11 was not what government claimed it to be but how could it be pulled off. I cant remember someone saying "oh i helped in the planning". It just seems so impossible to get away with. So much planning.

9/11 is a bit different then just driving up to a building with an explosive filled van and lighting the fuse.

Unless of course I am missing something or I just do not understand something.