Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] About MT's Graylist
Started by [E] sawine

Ok...give me 3min to write this and give u 2 min to read it and 3 min to brain it...

I would suggest Main1 = junior player

and Main2 = senior player (probably say min 6 month probation period in main1, or proven to be serious and nice player)

it's like junior server and senior server....it also able to train new STAFF in junior server before move to senior server...
Greetings

After reading all the thread I'm wondering what happened to the original Sawine idea, still found in the news section (27 Feb 2012) link here.

In it the Scenario described is of a multi-server/multi-world setup that would be fluid, meaning you would not even know in which server world you would be!

Actually let me quote Sawine here:

"Like I mentioned in my previous message, all those worlds will be linked in a way that will make it almost impossible to tell that you are connected to a distinct server."

I truly don't understand how we moved to the opposite side of having several segregated worlds that sometimes fell like they are actually messing with each other (even that i don't feel this way).

So what happened to this great idea and why are we not even consider it to link main and main2?

Regards
I see the benefit, but I think the server will be overwhelmed with advertising for other servers to the point that you will quickly discontinue to be honest.
maybe it's like a time travel....multi layer, same location, same map, but different server?
absolutely make main2 the new main, it has massive amounts of unused space but it's always empty, if it were the new default server it might help get the economy going and generate more overall interest. I understand that most people prefer to play on the current main server because it is already very well established, but in my opinion that is exactly why we should switch the default server to main2, I've been playing on minetown for just over a year and I never really felt that I could get a good start on the current main, I spend most of my time in classes or studying so I generally don't have a lot of time to play, and with Main already being very established with towns and groups of friends I never really new what to do, but when Agharta went live suddenly there was an incredible amount of unused space, untapped materials, and tons of opportunity to start from scratch and get set up, I almost never get on Main anymore and spend most of my time playing searching for valuable materials and improving the town I set up on main2. I think that if more people were on main2 and took advantage of these chances to start over that Agharta could very quickly become as good or better than the current Main.
I "unstickied" the poll from the forum and it reset it >_>.

Anyway, the poll ended with 38% in favor of the removal and 62 against. So it's not happening.

Locking the thread, thanks for voting.