Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] About MT's Graylist
Started by [E] sawine

Hey guys,

This question has been aboarded previously multiple times already, but things change with time and it is now back on the table.

For now more than 2 years Minetown has mostly been a "members-only" server, requiring you to submit an application and to get it accepted to become a full member of the server.

This process has some pros and cons.

While it allowed us to build a community of a much better quality by filtering the members, it also turns off a lot of potential players.

At the moment, a tutorial world is under development and it is planned to offer an alternative to the application process by completing the ingame tutorial to obtain membership.

We beleive this should increase the amount of members without making it too easy for the "bad guests".

Although, even if this sounds promising, it will never make our server "as competitive" as the ones that are completely not whitelisted/graylisted.

A lot of people are either too young, too dumb, too careless or too lazy to fill an application. Even if they might sound bad classified like that, we probably still turn down a good amount of "nice people".

So, the decision is in your hards Minetownians.

Should the floodgates be opened and the server made fully public ? Or the current orientation kept with the tutorial world and the members-only system ?

**Also please note that, the choice of making Minetown public doesn't mean that ALL the servers need to be public. There could still be some worlds that we only allow to long time members. We are also planning a switch from Main to Agartha, to be the new main server.
We are also planning a switch from Main to Agartha, to be the new main server. does that mean we lose main or do we just this main make it main2?
If the current/old would be limited to the long-time members but main2 be open, then most-definitely! Would that be an possible option, maybe?
Sawine wrote:

So only men are allowed to vote?
sawine wrote:

...The decision is in your hands... not your hards >_> ... can't edit the post without affecting the poll :/.
a3modz2 wrote:
We are also planning a switch from Main to Agartha, to be the new main server. does that mean we lose main or do we just this main make it main2?

Before mass paranoia starts, we are keeping main open, nothing will be removed or lost. We might simply just make it so we don't accept new players on this world and the current ones can still play on it.
Jared wrote:
If the current/old would be limited to the long-time members but main2 be open, then most-definitely! Would that be an possible option, maybe?

Yeah, that's the idea mostly.
In this "Tutorial Server" what will the guests be learning/being tested on?
I don't want to be a butt, however the attempt to make Main2 the "main" server will fail. There is an established market on Main, and people won't abandon that. I understand that a lot of work has gone into Main2 but I am yet to see the player interest...

On the topic of the graylist, I think it is fine the way it is now.
I am hesitant to make main 2 the new world... that would limit the amount of people wishing to setup residence in the old cities and towns, and experience the life on that server. If it was restricted, alot of the current towns and areas would die off. I do not believe this is a good thing, not with the history and relics that main world possesses.

It would also divide the player population, and pool players into groups based on where/which world they wish to play on. That would therefore divide the community, not something that is acceptable for what we strive to achieve.
Another poll will be made later on concerning the Main and Main2 transition.
I don't the tutorial world will work. They're to many stupid people that play Minecraft. They have killed other servers, Don't let 'em kill Minetown!