Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] FTB News and bug report thread
Started by [E] Italy08

This isnt a bug or report but more of a concern,

-if we are going with FTB would all those books to each world as detailed in Mystcraft, wouldnt that cause more lag, people going to other worlds, or would there be a set number of worlds within this server that we can only travel to?\

-with the factorization mod there is an item that can only be found in a dungeon would those be sold in a admin shop? and would staff be the only ones with the powers to make shops since they cause lag?

-and would factorization be implemented bc it is fully finished?

-also if you wree to implement FTB will there be client download so we all have the same version?

-with thermal expansion, it has a bunch of add-ons to Build-craft, but said that it would be removed?????

other wise it seems like another different way to mod MC, another option altogether....would the multiple types of MC also add to the lag on all servers?
portal guns might cause alot of lag aswell, maybe able to buy them at a admin shop to limit them for the time being, being teleported all over
Ok so diving into your post lol..
xk_cortex wrote:
if we are going with FTB would all those books to each world as detailed in Mystcraft, wouldnt that cause more lag, people going to other worlds, or would there be a set number of worlds within this server that we can only travel to?\

We have been playing around with mystcraft and have yet to really experience lag due to it so far. Our testing obviously isn't as extreme as a full on server could be. So my answer to that would be go crazy with it and lets find out <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
xk_cortex wrote:
with the factorization mod there is an item that can only be found in a dungeon would those be sold in a admin shop? and would staff be the only ones with the powers to make shops since they cause lag?

I have yet to dive into factorization yet its on the list of things to test. Which item are you talking about and I will make sure to look into it.

Shops... This and many other plugins aren't available for forge as of yet. This mod is not the standard craftbukkit server. So there are pretty much no mods at this point in time and the devs are seeing what they can do. It's either going to have to be completely custom or wait till the mod devs develop such tools. As the mod pack gains users I am sure more devs will start to make mods for it. As of right now Forge is the new kids on the block and bukkit is the old timers with all the following.
xk_cortex wrote:
also if you wree to implement FTB will there be client download so we all have the same version?

Everyone that connects to our server can only connect if they are using the 1.4.2 version of the mod pack. The client is available on the FTB website. What are you using to connect?
xk_cortex wrote:

with thermal expansion, it has a bunch of add-ons to Build-craft, but said that it would be removed?????

other wise it seems like another different way to mod MC, another option altogether....would the multiple types of MC also add to the lag on all servers

We are currently testing the buildcraft that is included in the mod pack. It is a newer version and I will need to talk to Sayomie and see if it is still causing the same problems. I am hoping it is not. As for thermal expansion I believe it requires BC ill look into that. If it does there is no point running thermal exspansion if BC if still throwing errors like the 1.2.5 tekkit server was.

Different way to mod MC?? Not sure that I fully understand what your asking here. There are different methods but require the user to put together their own clients which can be quite difficult for some. It's also a nightmare for staff to try and fix others clients when they aren't clear on exactly what they did. Typically they do something wrong but they always say "I did it all right... you suck" (not exactly but you get the point).
xk_cortex wrote:
portal guns might cause alot of lag aswell, maybe able to buy them at a admin shop to limit them for the time being, being teleported all over

Actually no it really doesn't. Just needs 2 settings changed and its affect on the server is unnoticeable. Those changes are the live image when you open the portals and the moon portal. As previously stated those will both be changed in the final release. You will still be able to see images in the portals but it will be the first thing you see once you open them and then they will remain that same image. Not as cool but function remains unchanged.

I have run portal gun mod on a couple of my servers with no issues once so every.

If I missed anything or you have further questions please let me know. Just a reminder to everyone this is the time to test everything you could possible think of. Open new myst worlds, portal everywhere, make buildcraft machines ect. It is my goal to disable as little as possible and keep it that way for years to come <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> Obviously if there is a problem that will cause us to need another reset I would like to find it now instead of two months after we go live. We know creative is kinda buggy right now but this wont be an issue once everyone is out of creative. Hopefully if we can't fix it it will be fixed in the 1.4.5 server release which has the newest updates and possibly redpower. From everything I have read that should be coming up soon. When exactly I don't know. Mod devs usually don't like to give a date until they are 100% it will be released by that date. All I know is soon...
Super Easy fix for creative. After working long and hard this morning creating a test server on my own computer I found the following fix to the creative crash.

BTW its annoying how long I spent trying to fix this for it to be this simple.....

Fix:

Launch ftb 1.4.2 in single player creative. save and exit...

:angry: :rofl:
It won't let me download ):<

34q2xys.png

I wanna play :sad:
Then play master, I'm pretty sure you can mark it as safe in the anti virus program you're using. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Arvaloth wrote:
Then play master, I'm pretty sure you can mark it as safe in the anti virus program you're using. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Italy taught me <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

I've been playing for a bit now, thanks though! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
xXMasterJackXx wrote:

34q2xys.png

IBedZ.png
sawine wrote:
xXMasterJackXx wrote:

34q2xys.png

IBedZ.png

;D

I can't get used to Google Chrome <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
its worth the switch master. IE sucks so much.