Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] mikels War Idea-(will be implemented not just an idea)
Started by [E] Mikel

well i like the ideas im hearing im going to build an arena in my city specifically for faction wars-it will have two bases made out of cobble which can be completely destroyed i will supply iron swords and iron armor. their will be one faction which is the warring faction and they will pay me to use my coliseum and to have war then they will choose which side they want and who they want to attack the object of the match wil be to take the wool dye on top of the stone tower and place it on a pike at the front of their own base if sides wish to have objects in the field to provide cover they will have to pay for material which they will be able to keep once the war is over it will last until one side wins and the winning side will recieve 1d per member on their team bows and arrows will cost extra each side will have a leader, a general and soldiers. the leader will command the generals and the generals the soldiers.

1 general for 4 soldiers

unlimited amount of warriors per team but only 1 leader

when the war is over each sides leaders and generals will have to help repair the battle field if you own a faction and someone declares war on your faction you must answer their war call and fight. only the faction that declares war will pay for the use of field but each team must pay for specialties like bows arrows cake food special armor and weapons building materials and more respawns

each team gets 10 respawns which will be kept track of by me

let me know if this is a good system plz
When Bukkit gets to a more stable release, there will be sieges/war on scheduled dates on the server.

tnt, fire, lava, will all be enabled, inside a war map with 2 castle...

I will talk about this later on when I'll start working on this project.
sawine can i be the owner of the castle area and be controller of it plz? i would really like to have some responsibilities on the server ive posted on the mod/admin application forum but if you read this can you plz consider making me a mod? it would help me get things accomplished that i need plus when bukkit is stable will we use my war system with a few tweaks? if so ill wait to start it plus do you want me to build the arena? i would like to i am good at making castles and i would like to have a major part in the war system
War things never really work out.

I've been on servers completely dedicated to war, and it was slow, and raids were hard to organize.

One person dies = group has to wait 30 minutes for member to load up and run back.

And alot of other things.

~SN
maybe if that one person is lame! lols
i have taken the area that was formerly teh duped city and after removing the city we were left with a flat field. i am working on how much space each base will hold as well as how to determine point values for materials. I am looking into forcing respawns from the area to put people at their respective base though it's a challenge as player death is not much of a standard trigger. What i need is to develop a point system so that bases can be built fairly though potentially with different materials. with the existance of dispensers an equipment spot is easily created. anyone interested in helping develop a point system would be most appreciated and mikel if you want to run it afterwards i would have no problem with that. the battles' themselves will be sealed and mikel can be responsible for making sure that the bases are developed fairly.
ok cryston ill start working on the point system now im thinking about having the highest point value of 25 with obsidian being 25 and a total of 1000 points per team and things like torches are free

what will entry fee be for the war? and will weapons and armor be part of points system or be supplied also each side should get three chests and each chest is hidden at random points throuought the castle and each chest has three diamonds in it and whichever person finds a chest gets to keep chests and if we have a flag system using colored wool then the person who grabs the flab and places it on pike should get 5d for winning the war lols just a thought let me know what you think cryston
Forced Spawns - We can barely keep user groups running, and we dont have Craftbook yet.

:\

~SN
by user groups you mean the difference between mods admins donators guests and regulars?
Not just that, but their permissions and th like.

~SN