Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Forget dubstep!!!
Started by Unknown User

Wiki wrote:

Dubstep (/ˈdʌbstɛp/) is a genre of electronic dance music that originated in South London, England, United Kingdom. The music website Allmusic has described its overall sound as "tightly coiled productions with overwhelming bass lines and reverberant drum patterns, clipped samples, and occasional vocals."

The earliest dubstep releases date back to 1998 and were darker, more experimental, instrumental dub remixes of 2-step garage tracks attempting to incorporate the funky elements of breakbeat, or the dark elements of drum and bass into 2-step, which featured as B-sides of single releases. In 2001, this and other strains of dark garage music began to be showcased and promoted at London's night club Plastic People, at the "Forward" night (sometimes stylized as FWD>>), which went on to be considerably influential to the development of dubstep. The term "dubstep" in reference to a genre of music began to be used by around 2002 by labels such as Big Apple, Ammunition, and Tempa, by which time stylistic trends used in creating these remixes started to become more noticeable and distinct from 2-step and grime.

Also, dubstep is not always computer sounds. Check your information before you diss on something.

Also. If dubstep is not "music" then why do a butt load of artists use it in their music now? I mean, even commercials are using it.
I didnt say it had to be a musical instrument per se. I'm saying that a true musician creates sounds themselves instead of just rearranging pre-existing ones they have saved on their computer until it sounds 'good'. To me this applies to any genre, not just dubstep.
If you like harry potter and dubstep, you'll love This
ban jk

dubstep lifts my soul so i feel happy and remember good times

country sad songs sad chaps, boring

metal kicks a$$ bring out the rage in everyone

rap = crap

modern musicm is repetive bull that people seem to like but it was done years agon(hipsters)
For one, dubstep can be played on instruments

Two, they are not all remixes

three, if you dont think its music youre a narrow minded di#k wad

four, i dont like all genres but I have the intelligence to recognize that they are in fact, all music.

five, if you think youre music genres dont play over and over and over till it sounds great in the studio, much like your computer saves your referring too, then you dont know squat about recording.

six, the beauty of music is that there is a genre for everyone, dont go flinging flaming monkey turds at others that have different tastes
rokitchikin wrote:

four, i dont like all genres but I have the intelligence to recognize that they are in fact, all music.

five, if you think youre music genres dont play over and over and over till it sounds great in the studio, much like your computer saves your referring too, then you dont know squat about recording.

six, the beauty of music is that there is a genre for everyone, dont go flinging flaming monkey turds at others that have different tastes

you my sir, have earned my respect. I showed up in another post on this thread that dubstep is not always made by computer.
rokitchikin wrote:

1. No one said it couldn't be, but tell me that a majority of it is and I'll show you a liar.

2. Skipping since it adresses someone else.

3. See number 4. Also, childish much?

4. Yes, by technical definition it is. On that note, so is a bird squawking over and over, so is the sound of a jackhammer breaking a slab of concrete, so is the sound of an engine running. Any or all of these may fit your personal definition of music, but that doesn't mean they fit everyone else's, does it? Music is subjective, and to me, dubstep generally is not it. People don't always share your opinions, so grow up and stop implying that disagreeing with you on a subjective definition makes someone unintelligent. Doing that only says the same about yourself

5. Odd, I don't remember anyone saying they don't do that. But the good (I feel the need to emphasize that I mean good In my opinion since some people don't understand that it's implied) ones still actually play the vast majority of it themselves (And before you go twisting peoples' words again, emphasis on MAJORITY, not necessarily all).

6. I can't and won't speak for anyone else, but I'm not flinging anything at anyone; I gave my opinion on a thread that it was relevant to, sorry if that wasn't implied by the nature of the thread Let me know if I need to start spelling that out in big bright caps every time I post on an opinion thread. But anyway, I'm not asking anyone to stop liking dubstep, I'm not asking anyone to stop making it, and hell, I'm not even asking anyone to agree with my opinions on it.
I could shit on a cheesecake, record the noise, and call that noise music.

EDIT: This is not in the defense of Dubstep.
Well... I feel that we should all just get back on the topic <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Post relevant music-
<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object> this is not what to was supposed to be it was just a bit of a joke please lock i don't want to see this burn anymore then it all ready has