Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Plugin alteration request...
Started by Unknown User

even with the old plugin, nethrrack burns for several more ticks then the redstone.. I had a piggy furnace that worked off this (piggys burn even more ticks). Could I suggest using the restone lamps. Not quite as cool looking as the netherrack open flame for certain situations, but it is very responsive to redstone and redstone sequence patterns(check out my warp plaza at /warp diskenetica for an example of how I used it)
Here's another thing you can do

If it's not that much to light, ask very nicely and a mod might help you since we have access to fire.

Unless you want it to be turned on/off...then that would be difficult.
Barney you aren't very experienced with redstone are you ^_^

Use Zionia's method where there is a 2 space gap between the nether rack and the floor. Then make the gap 1 space of air under the block you wish to have on fire. Put the redstone on it now and it should ignite alone.

wvr2nt.png

Hope this helps.
Coffey wrote:
Barney you aren't very experienced with redstone are you ^_^

lol barney's always telling me how amazing he is at redstone
ill try to make a screenie today for you
Ahhh you mean that!

Well I didn't think of that as it doesnt solve my problem at all

The point is the lit blocks need to be next to each other

Not 1 block apart

And Coffey seeing as that method doesn't work I have to say the same for you really....

Lol

I am actually pretty good with redstone thank you very much, just when you suggested this, I call it different name, what you were explaining reminded me of it but I knew it wouldn't work for my needs so I thought you were talking about something else....

I don't know why people carnt understand I need to have controll over every block (on thier own) next to each other, so I can light both blocks then disable one while the other still burns...
So seeing (I hope) as we know what I am talking about

Zio can you revise your desision?

Ok simple question

Even if it was impossable to do this without plugin alteration would it be done?
ahh..knowing that part now...i can revise what my understanding of this is...

if you need individual cotrol of every block in a n area, i dont think it is possible without an extremely complex method that i couldnt begin to explain...or a different plugin made for it separately. simply making it so torches do it wouldnt fix your situation either as you wouldnt be able to control them still with the current plugin anyways...you will need to speak to someone who does a lot of plugin writing (like waffle) for more info on this. Any further help will have to come from the dev team. I know darth is a bit busy with other issues for the server lately
Ok

Glad we understand each other

All I need is redstone torches to light netherrack

I can do the rest!

Trust me....