Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Plugin alteration request...
Started by Unknown User

I understand what you're getting at. Redstone automatically connects to any other redstone next to it, whereas the torch will not - allowing the possibility of independant control of two netherrack which are beside each other and on the same level. It may be possible to use stepping to accomplish this, depending on your scenario.

This may seem like a small change in relation to your specific issue, but it entails many other ramifications. I suggest that we do not modify redstone torches to light netherrack, as it will affect completed structures which use redstone torches under netherrack as a means of routing or power (essentially, if this change is made then any existing r.torches under netherrack will result in ignition).

A note on a different alteration topic: I am a huge fan of redstone controlled jukeboxes which could solve the stolen records issue.
I see you posted more details, and I think stepping should work for this.
I am unaware of stepping?

Plz explain?
make the space below the netherrack flooring at least 2 deep...where you want the fire, place a block to make it only 1 so only that space is affected by the redstone...
there really is no need to change the setup of this plugin...you just neet to play and experiment with methods to make it work how you want...or take the lazy way and make the floor something other than netherrack where you dont want fire <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Well

Ok....

I guess I will have to do a tone of re wiring on lucy's dungeon event....
No wait

I still see no way of doing it

What you are describing shouldn't work, as it still uses the redstone.
No really, there isn't anyway, it's physically impossable from where I see it

Redstone wire will always connect, it will always pass on its current, there isn't a way to stop that.

Any power from redstone torches DOESNT WORK

So stepping won't solv anything as you are either suggesting using torches or redstone dust again...

I am so confused lol

Have you acctually tested whether stepping has worked before dismissing my request zio?
stepping does work...seen it done...the idea is you have your flat wired area at a level below where the wire will affect the netherrack (2 block space+). where you want the fire to light, you place an additional block and put the wire on it so it only affects the block above it. simplified...block with RS torch on one side and RS on top = fire 1 space above RS...see my horrible picture below.

Im not an expert on RS, but there are plenty of ppl who are good enough at it who could make ways for this to work rather than modifying the entire plugin...(mostly cause we arent going to have time to make this with everything else we are working on)

/^v^\

_=_ v

| | /

Ok. I think I get you....

But that means you still use redstone wire which connects?

Ahhhhh

Lol

A Screeny would help....