Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] About "faking" votes
Started by [E] sawine

Some of the sites just have a button saying "Vote now," no typing needed. Sure, you won't get your 1200 MTC. In addition, there are currently two sites that are broken, and one that is glitchy (I can list them if needed, or at least they're such for me). So for those, I probably get the MTC without voting on those ones (but that totals maybe 125 MTC each day, and I don't vote every day because I'm no longer at my computer often). I support the new system of putting the captcha in. These credits are "Awarded upon voting." Hence the reason why we say "Vote daily and get MTC!" So... if you just click the button to the page, you're not actually voting. Therefore you're exploiting a glitch (against rules of server). However, no one's going to punish the past because it isn't monitored. However, we don't just "give free MTC." You have to work for it. I apologize for using "we," here, but I use it as a term meaning the server as a whole. Events, voting, top voter, competitions, etc... they all AWARD MTC. However, you have to do something in exchange, correct? Maybe you have to win a dungeon, or win a pvp event. Voting is the same thing as a pvp event, in this case. You actually have to do the voting to get the MTC, once this program is complete.

On a side note, with captcha's... you can miss one letter. Meaning, you can be one unit length (letter or number) short of the full thing. You can ALSO have a "similar" letter mistake. This means that an "a" (lowercase) can be confused with an "e," also lowercase. Or so I've found when I vote.

I would ask that some sort of survey is made (maybe another thread) pertaining to broken sites.

I just voted now for the sake of this response. Here's the sites that did not work:

top-private-server.com ~ It has errors in that it will sometimes not load. When you press F5 or the page refresh button, it'll say you already voted. This page is glitchy as it works 1/2 times, for me.

minelist.net ~ The account has been suspended, referring to Minetown, my guess. If my account has been suspended, I don't know why? I remember this site blacklisting a bunch of people wrongfully before, as well.

mctop100.net ~ detects proxy when no proxy is used. A separate thread, I made about three or four months ago, about this site was made. Several (I mean 15+ people) also say they don't use a proxy yet the site detects a proxy and tells us we can't vote. As far as I know, no one can vote for this (A mod commented saying the same). Still happens to me with this site.

Those are the only three sites that have issues. Hope this helps smooth the process, and help with understanding as to why we are transitioning to a vote only system. Again, you gain MTC by voting... not by "right click, open link in new tab, close all other tabs." That is cheating the system, and I believe (as well as apparently the staff) that we shouldn't allow holes in a reward-based-on-action system.
The captchas get pretty easy with practice. I used to burn through them at work in the morning before anyone poked their head around.

If you consistently have trouble reading them after a few weeks... schedule an optometrist appointment and see how the old eye balls are doing. It's a good reminder for myself to get my prescription updated <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>
Ugh, minelist is showing suspended now too... I guess they thought our encouragement was false clicks... on a positive side that probably means more people are voting now.
About half the vote sites use ReCAPTCHA. Older ReCAPTCHAs were most often validated with a "known" word and a "wildcard" word. If you correctly typed the known word, it didn't matter what you input for the other. Just random trivia. Most of them seem to use two known words in their challenge.
Luggious wrote:
Heres a trick!

If youve marked a voting time every 12 hours or so, i click on all the vote links on the voting page, the i do the delightful capachas after!

CTRL-click down the list. Opens every site in a new background tab.
I''ll admit I don't vote often, but agreed Prezzle. I hate the population as it is, I don't want a flood of 2k daily.
wawon0 (Minetown Miner) wrote:
I have to admit i am a very very big offender of the fake votes.

Please dont ban me but i think that it is much easier to click a button than to type in squashed word.

to you dev making this program please dont make it a code thing.

So let me get this straight...You are openly admitting to false voting, and then in that same post asking him to leave it alone so you can continue to do it, and also in this exact same post basicaly admiting its wrong by asking not to be banned for it?

How arrogant can one person be?
This is still going on, so it needs to be bumped.

If you fake vote for someone, they can not actually vote and it hurts the server.
Yield, there are two glitchy sites and one broken site, so I'm sure EVERYONE does those three.
While your input is valued, you are unaware of the circumstances that brought me to this thread.
No offense, but you're unaware of my awareness. I know as to what you were saying, and I was making an additive statement. I don't appreciate what you said to me, just now. I know there are some people who just click on the vote and then close the link. Thanks for your... comment towards me.