Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] About "faking" votes
Started by [E] sawine

Mmm oh but capcha is just pure annoying! A few times I get it wrong for over like 5 times? When I do get it right it won't let me vote! And I loose the freaking credits :'(

How do I fake a vote when it won't even let me vote?!?!?

It's not my fault rlly,the words are all squished together,or to thick to read what it is,what is the point of it anyway??
justine214iscool wrote:
Mmm oh but capcha is just pure annoying! A few times I get it wrong for over like 5 times? When I do get it right it won't let me vote! And I loose the freaking credits :'(

How do I fake a vote when it won't even let me vote?!?!?

It's not my fault rlly,the words are all squished together,or to thick to read what it is,what is the point of it anyway??

Its so that we can't set up a robot to vote. they wanna make sure were actual people and not a machine programmed to do it. i think capatchas are dumb. like a robot couldnt read it if a human could?
Optical character recognition is actually a fairly difficult problem in computer science.

Our brains have billions of neurons and we're insanely good at pattern recognition, it's not so easy to give that capability to a computer with just logic.
justine214iscool wrote:
A few times I get it wrong for over like 5 times?

Since I started voting I've developed a few tricks to have a better chance of entering the captchas correctly the first time. I find that zooming in on the page (hold the Ctrl key and use your mouse's scroll wheel) really helps. Also, most of the sites use ReCAPTCHA (the red box). If you don't like the image that it gives you, you can click the refresh icon in the red box (i.e. 2 arrows that are sort of in a circle) and it will give you a different image to look at. If you can't find your glasses or are having a really hard time reading the words, ReCAPTCHA also provides audio with the little speaker icon in the red box (just listen to it and type all of the words you hear -- it's more typing than the captcha but it is easier).
The problem i have voting is that Many of the sites think i have already voted when...really the 2 other people that play in my house have already voted =(. Then it just say you already voted
I just don't think that minecraft servers should be a popularity competition.

This server has 30,000+ members as it is.

If I owned it, I'd be pretty damn proud.
TPrezzle the Disgruntled wrote:
I just don't think that minecraft servers should be a popularity competition.

This server has 30,000+ members as it is.

If I owned it, I'd be pretty damn proud.

I see what you're saying.

Although, however many members we may have, how many of them are active?

Persisting on advertising this server promises to slowly build up a much higher regular player base.

Especially with the clusters being fully implemented - all worlds running at max-performance, it's important now, more than ever to keep pushing for votes and get the word out to people looking for a new home.
Heres a trick!

If youve marked a voting time every 12 hours or so, i click on all the vote links on the voting page, the i do the delightful capachas after!
Luggious c: wrote:
Heres a trick!

If youve marked a voting time every 12 hours or so, i click on all the vote links on the voting page, the i do the delightful capachas after!

Same here, Right click -> Open in new tab <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
wawon0 (Minetown Miner) wrote:
I have to admit i am a very very big offender of the fake votes.

Please dont ban me but i think that it is much easier to click a button than to type in squashed word.

to you dev making this program please dont make it a code thing.

... but this doesn't actually vote for minetown. This just takes the credits without voting for us.