Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] About "faking" votes
Started by [E] sawine

Hey guys,

I didn't thought I'd have to make this thread ever, but it's starting to become a decent concern.

We are aware that the vote system doesn't validate the capchas and nowadays it's not really a secret anymore to the majority of our members...

But because the majority of people are now not doing the votes completely, our vote system is very less efficient and the results reflects on our traffic and popularity.

According to our local statistics that we have on the votes, we should be ranked in the top 5 of every top site... but because of people not completing the capchas, we are down to much lower ranks.

This may not seem like a big issue to you, but it has a major impact on our server. If all the votes were done legitimately, there would be 50% more people on our website daily. that's a difference of 2000-2500 people per day!

Because of that, we will have to spent numerous hours to rewrite our vote system in a very clever way to validate each of the website... It won't be possible to trick the votes once this will be done.

In the meantime, I would please ask, if you really like MT and care for it, that you complete the capchas while voting (at least on the most paying sites... if you can't afford the time to vote for them all....)

Thank you for your understanding and support.

See you,

-sawine

For some reason my computer always messes up the capatchas on certain sites, but I can do the others fine.... :/

Idk, maybe I just need new glasses or it might be that I have cookies disabled and auto-clear my cache. I'll keep trying even if it takes me extra time to vote!
I'm fairly new, and I tried a few servers before finding Minetown. I have to say that we have the nicest looking server and the most active administration.

Voting the right way will pay off for us all in terms of population, economy, and longevity. It is worth the extra three minutes.
I agree

And I admit I have done this afew times when I just needed the credits

But I won't now if it is such a problem lord sawine needs to address us about it
If you aren't going to vote.... I can't believe you have the low integrity to go ahead and accept the credits.
This concerns me...

IT COULD MEAN OUR TOP VOTERS ARE SCUMBAGS!!
The voting site that does not work for me is MCTOP100. When I try to type the capcha I get a message saying "Proxy Detected! Remove Proxy. Re-Load this Page and Try Again." when I'm not even using a proxy. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
Same goes here mill, I always thought it was my eyes. Site's pretty tiny.
Yeah, MCTOP100 has been throwing a proxy error for a while. Probably should've made a thread about that.

I think one of the other sites has been down for a few days, dunno which one because I'm not sticking to my rigorous schedule anymore.

Also, I think one or two of the sites might not cast your vote if you submit the CAPTCHA with the return key instead of clicking 'vote'. Not 100% sure on that either.
If you can, make sure you test with no-script, I keep mt whitelisted and a minimum on the others. I have a sneaking suspicion your efforts may not play well with that plugin. MCTOP100 finally seems to be working too at least for me.