Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Events team applications.
Started by [E] dead [1]

Minecraft IGN: leronzadok

What time of the day would you be most available to run events? (Please specify a time zone): I am available most of the time past 3:00pm (Pacific Time Zone).

Hours per week you play(average) AND how long have you been in Minetown: I play over 40 hours a week on MineTown, i am a big fan and have been on the server since February 2013. I know it has not been long, but i have accomplished a lot and got many new friends and am doing all i can to help the server.

What kind of events would you specialize in? I specialize in just about all kinds of events. I can make then quick, but i wont rush.. i want them to be good and nice. All my events will be unique and i will not over do the events, once done it is gone and a new event is coming. But for Spleef, i ill try to run it weekly or even daily. But, an event im really good as is making cool adventure maps. These adventure maps will have quests, pvp, parkour, and other awesome things inside of it that would allow the player to have a great time. Each quest will contain traveling and looking for Things.

What are your ideas for future events? I will create many awesome events such as Spleef, pvp, parkour, building contests, speed build, etc... For the spleef event, it will be on daily and have 3-5 layers of snow under it so it wont be easy and it would be longer and more fun. For the pvp, there will be buildings for archers and such. For the parkour, there will be checkpoints so the people wont have to start all over. The parkour will be somewhat difficult, but still possible and still fun. For the building Contest, it will be creative, but they have a certain amount of time to build something cool. Also, i will run Survival Building Contests, in these contests, items will be given, but they have a certain amount of items to building something awesome. And for the Speed build, there will be both creative and Survival ones. They have a certain amount of time to build their builds in this contest. Also, i will add some Adventure maps events. In these events, people will have to adventure through the map section and have to beat everyone to the end of the adventure. All my events will be unique and well though out. I will work hard on them and do my best on each one. Also, Im going to make a hunger games event. This event will be somewhat like the move and allow the players to vs one an other till one person wins in the end. The prizes will be money, diamonds, and other riches through out some servers. In the hunger games, you can choose to be or not to be with a partner, but in the end... only one survives.

Have you ever participated or ran any unofficial events? Please tell us about what you did and how it went: I have participated in some events, but the best one was kutha1's building contest. I had a good time. Although i did not win, i had a great time and am looking forwards to make an event like that and participate in many more events such as that one. In the building event i worked really hard to make a build. I worked for many hours on this build, it was nice, but the person who won really deserved it. i also have not ran any unofficial events, but i am working on making one, a book contest.. it will be a bunch of stories and the person with the best one wins. There will of course be some rules, but not ones that will take the fun away. There will also be themes for this story, they aall must be about 1 thing. A subject would be given and they have to make a story about it.

Tell us about your experence with some of the mechinisms we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard Regions, CraftBook, etc.): I know all of WorldEdit, i have been using it for many years on various other servers. I have also been with WorldGuard for many years. I know how to make regions and how to edit flags and such. I also know what all the flags do, and how to use them properly. I know about sub-regions and Parent regions, etc... Now with CraftBook i'm not the best, but yes i do know the basics such as Gate, Bridge, Inputs, Outputs, etc.. I really love plugins, they make the sever a lot more fun with a lot more advantages. I am learning more and more everyday, and will learn more in the near future. I am a quick learner and am very happy to learn more.

Why do you consider Event staff over Normal staffing? I would like to be other kinds of staff as well, but i know i would be good for the Event Team. I will build cool events, make them fun, give out cool prizes, and i will not make only 1 or 2, i will make a lot so everyone on the events server will have a good time. And also, I have a great time building events and i know will be fun for the players. I know ill be a great person for the job. Events are a great way of having fun and letting people do stuff they normally cant do on main sever or such.

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what? I have an active mind, i will always think of a way to make the events better as i make more. When i make spleef events, i might make 3-5 layers of snow all under each other, so it wont be so easy, and for parkour, i wont make it that if you fail you start all over, you can go to checkpoints and such. My events will always be getting better and i will always be adding more and more. Also, each event i make will be original, i will not copy any events, although some might have the same purpose, but none will have the same design.

Tell us about yourself: I love MineTown, and would do anything to help it. I want to be part of the Event team so i can make cool and fun events that people can have a lot of fun. I will be offering awesome prizes on not only the main server but also prison and skyblock. I will try to make each event better than the other, i would never stop building. I hope you enjoyed reading my application, thank you for reading it, have a great day or night. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Minecraft IGN:gardiner_1

What time of the day would you be most available to run events? (Please specify a time zone):GMT

Hours per week you play(average) AND how long have you been in Minetown: On the holidays i play about 2-6 hours per day on school days 2-3 hours and week ends 2-6 hours.

What kind of events would you specialize in?

- Quick, Fast, and Fequant

- Detailed events that will take a while to run

- Team events, building events, puzzle events, etc.

What are your ideas for future events? Im realy intrested in redstone thought im not that good at it i would love to host events to see what inventions people can create and come up with.

Have you ever participated or ran any unofficial events? Please tell us about what you did and how it went: I have taken apart in a few build events like pvp arena and one where you had to build medieval type buildings also i am taking part in master jack's pvp event.

Tell us about your experence with some of the mechinisms we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard Regions, CraftBook, etc.):I own my own server so im fairly good whit it, with world edit and world guard is my most used plugin on my server so you know that you can trust me to just get on with it.

Why do you consider Event staff over Normal staffing?

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what?

Tell us about yourself: I have a very creative mind and i love and respect the work of others.

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> thanks for reading my application.
Minecraft IGN: adz0704, following nicknames of Adam and Adele.

What time of the day would you be most available to run events? (Please specify a time zone): 7pm->4am GMT.

Hours per week you play(average) AND how long have you been in Minetown: Around about 50 hours are played a week, and I've been in Minetown for around a year and a half.

What kind of events would you specialize in?: The events I have made and ran are usually long, detailed events with large prizes. I like to take traditional themes such as platforming and mazes and apply them in unique ways, as can be seen at my /warp think event. My events usually are not PvP based.

What are your ideas for future events?: Besides from a 3D-water maze, and a Legend-of-Zelda-esque team dungeon (the main two event's I've been considering working on), I do in fact have a event WIP at /warp think. Here I take traditional themes such as platforming and apply them in a more real-world situation - the initial 'parkour' stage is inspired by Link having to navigate his way to Zelda's bedroom, whilst the second stage, the 'maze', is a three-dimensional crazy network of paths. I have further stages in mind, notably the third stage being redstone-heavy and involving an interactive puzzle.

Have you ever participated or ran any unofficial events? Please tell us about what you did and how it went: Although incomplete, a lot of enthusiasm was received for my Think event, and as such was very popular. The maze itself became infamous for a while, with around 40 or 50 unique players traversing, or at least attempting to transverse it. During runs, I was complimented by both Moderators and Event staff for the design, and was hired by a Mod to design their event.

Other than that I also ran a 'hardcore' version of Think (These two events are essentially a series of stages where each stage has a different theme) which was called Soloplay. Soloplay was notoriously hard, and as such only two people actually finished it out of the twenty or so contenders, and in that time I learned that there needs to be a balance between difficulty and fun, which was what lead me to build Think.

Tell us about your experence with some of the mechinisms we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard Regions, CraftBook, etc.): Naturally, I have a moderate amount of experience with Worldedit and the Worldguard regions and their flags, but Craftbook would be the most useful tool. On a previous server where I would help guests get adjusted, I used craftbook to create an extremely popular trampoline minigame, using a few potion effect signs and one or two worldedit commands. The major application of Worldedit I would see myself using would be to quickly generate shapes or to remove large areas ready for building.

Why do you consider Event staff over Normal staffing? Frankly, I would not. I would be happy as either - however, I was recommended by two Ent+ and an Ent+ who dropped down, who all thought I would make a great Ent member, along with a handful of regular players who suggested the same.

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what?: Why think outside the box? There could be so much amazing stuff inside the box! But I've always thought it would be nice to have a custom plugin designed that would allow us to use Magic for sandbox fun/potential pvp raiding.

Tell us about yourself: I'm a hard-working student with currently a lot of time on their hands. I'm a bit blunt at times and it's true that I won't suffer fools gladly, but I have a good insight into a players' mind and use that to full advantage when designing events. I like a laugh and a joke which I suppose is rather apt for someone Entertaining, and I love to involve friends in events together.
*UPDATED APPLICATION*

IGN: dpwheaton123

What time of the day would you be most available to run events? (Please specify a time zone): Considering I have school I would be able to run events around 4Pm-8pm (Central time zone). On the weekends I would be able to run them around 1pm-11pm (Central time zone).

Hours per week you play (average) AND how long have you been in Minetown :I can play about 30-40 hours a week at around 4 hours a day. I have played Minetown since November 1012.

What kind of events would you specialize in? I plan on making events like the following: I like fast past, challenges, or events that are small but fun and give all sort of prizes.

What are your ideas for future events?

Lava Run/Lava Jump (Fast past parkour): Parkour based game where the player must jump from block to block but with a twist. On ever few blocks there are pressure places that trigger a sort of danger as lava falling or an arrow shooting.

Quickbuild: Ever player has 10-30mins to build what is chosen as the category of that day.

Hide&Seek: A player or I Hide in an assortment of buildings and players try to find the player or I. When the player or I are found the player that found us will get the reward. And the game will be played once more.

These are only some of the things i hope to play with the players. There are plenty more i would like to host.

Have you ever participated or ran any unofficial events? Please tell us about what you did and how it went: I have hosted/donated to MANY events that where ran by players. i have even helped ENT's host events on the main (Classic) server. I have also played in alot of unofficial events. I try to attend as much as i can.

Tell us about your experience with some of the mechanisms we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard Regions, CraftBook, etc.): I know ALOT about Worldedit and WroldGuard. I Have have the plugins the Event world uses and I have studied most of them (I looked them up) And know most of them and are ready to use them if needed.

Why do you consider Event staff over Normal staffing? I would prefer Event team over staff for many reasons one is that I love to make people laugh and have fun. Another reason is because I don’t think I’m quite ready to be a Minetown mod. I would like to work my way up to it and not just jump right in to the position. I also love building cool things such as rollercoasters, challenges, etc. I would prefer to start out as ENT (events team) because f these reasons and many other reasons.

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what? Man, you got to love this question. There are those that don’t get it and those that do get it. I myself kind of get it and kind of don’t. I think this question is meant to see whether the player (Me in this case) can come up with something original. I would say I’m not that original but I am in my own ways. Well If I were in a tuff situation like say I want to host an event and someone doesn’t like that event or a lot of people don’t like it. Well I always have a backup plan I would simply host an event most people would like even if it comes down to a game such as what’s that block.

Tell us about yourself: Me? Well it all started when I was in the hospital 14 years ago….. Oh wait you wanted a short biography? Oh, I’m sorry I thought you wanted my life story. Let me clear my thought…

Ahhhem, ahhem!

Ok, there we go… Most of you know me by now, my name is Daniel Wheaton, I attend 8th grade in Slidell Louisiana, I use to play 7th grade football but because of a knee injury I can’t play this year. I have a 2 sisters and 1 brother. My mom died 3 years ago, I hope to become a Cop, or Computer tech when I grow up…. Well I really have nothing more to say other than thank you to those who read this fully. I spent about 1 hour and 30mins on this application (Not straight) Also I would like to thank sawine for keeping us alive in happy in this minecraft community.
Minecraft IGN: a3modz2

What time of the day would you be most available to run events? (Please specify a time zone): EST

Hours per week you play(average) AND how long have you been in Minetown: Over a year now and going on to two second year.

Quick, Fast, Team Events, Puzzle events, etc.

I have some pretty fun events in the future I'm not sure if they have been done yet but here they are!

A team based game!

In this event its called "The Hunter" there is one person with a diamond sword and golden armor he is the hunter and its near bedrock so its really dark and more scary and you can set up music with note blocks, what you have to do is stay alive as long as you can from the hunter you get nothing but an iron sword!!! If you die your out and it keeps going until the 5-10 min mark is over. If the hunter does not exceed his/her goal the winners can get prizes for there winning each time they win. About (1k each time)

A solo game!

I call this game the "Kill kill kill!" What you need to do in this event is the Ent+ will spawn different types of mobs and there will be rounds of different mobs coming at you there are a total of 10 rounds! (staff choose what they want to spawn in but it as to be fair) What does the player get? Glad you asked you get a iron sword full iron armor and 3 cookedpork 2 apples and 1 cookie! For each round you beat you get prizes.

Have you ever participated or ran any unofficial events? Please tell us about what you did and how it went: I have and they went well I did 4. Called diggy diggy ore (Kind of like Yields diggy diggy dash/wool.)

Tell us about your experence with some of the mechinisms we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard Regions, CraftBook, etc.): I am a pro with WE I used it for a lot of things for my small private server with my friends, World guard I know how to use it where I can expand regions, add flags if needed etc. Craft book I used a lot also and I learned it! Server signs is another thing that you guys use and I know how to use it also with the /svs command.

Why do you consider Event staff over Normal staffing? I consider Event staff over Normal staffing because it seems easier, more fun, and I like to host events, I don't know why but I think hosting events its fun and I like to make sure members have fun

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what? But box haha you must be silly, because I'm already thinking out side of the boxing typing this.

Tell us about yourself: I don't really have any thing to tell about my self its all above ^^^^. I hope you consider my application. Thanks! ~a3modz2!
Minecraft IGN: Alegator714

What time of the day would you be most available to run events? (Please specify a time zone): 4-10 PM on weekdays and almost anytime on the weekends. I live in EST.

Hours per week you play(average) AND how long have you been in Minetown: I play on average 20-30 hours and week and more on certain occasions. I joined MT 1 year and 1 month ago on 8/12/13

I like quik fast and feguant events because they happen alot more than others. I also really like building events and team events to puzzle the average minetown player to make them think. Thinking outside the box is one that puzzles me and I love figuring things out like most people on here.

What are your ideas for future events? I want to definetly have more build events thats happen alot like when we ha speed build atleast 2 times a week. I would like to make a obstical event where players would haft to climb over stuff while snowballs are being thrown at them and things are constantly hitting them. I would like to have a mini town event where player have 2 weeks to build there best mini town. Creativity is needed in this event and know catigory would be givin. I have alot more ideas but just way too long to explain.

Have you ever participated or ran any unofficial events? Please tell us about what you did and how it went: I have ran a splee event in my Ale Spleef Arena. The event went well and it was really fun. I would love to make a better arena and have more people be able to be in the event.

Tell us about your experence with some of the mechinisms we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard Regions, CraftBook, etc.): I know the basics with all of them but I'm best with WorldEdit.

Why do you consider Event staff over Normal staffing?: Mainly I'm too young to be a Mod but also because I want to puzzle the user and have more events then we do now. I like making things that have a use to them and also to have a fun!

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what?: Spleef all the way!

Tell us about yourself: I like minecraft but this server made minecraft so much more! I want to be apart of this server more than I already am. I'm a freshman in highschool and always make time to play on minetown! Thanks for making this server so awesome!

What time of the day would you be most available to run events? (Please specify a time zone): weekday afternoons, 5 to 8 pm ESt. All day weekends ^^

Hours per week you play(average) AND how long have you been in Minetown: I play about 10 hours a week, and i've been on minetown since December 2011

Puzzle and Trivia events, Building events. ^^

I would like to finish glasscastle, move cactusrun to the event world, start building PotionRoulette and continue running TriviaTower and Speedbuild.

Have you ever participated or ran any unofficial events? Please tell us about what you did and how it went:

Ive run Cactusrun unnoficially, and for official events, i've dont Glasscastle, TriviaTower, Speedbuild and helped with the Minetown Awards

Tell us about your experence with some of the mechinisms we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard Regions, CraftBook, etc.):

I'm pretty good with sign commands and worldedit.

Events has always been more for me, it's really fun to create and run fun things for the community!

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what?

_____

B-b-but... I like the box....

Tell us about yourself:

Hello! I'm Pokemongardevoir aka poke aka idellechi aka chi ^^ I'm a previous events staff looking to return! Im really artsy and I like to draw, sing and write. Im very creative and have a lot of ideas to implement! I'm really friendly and try to be friends with everyone. I play Minecraft as well as Pokemon and Mario Brothers, and am a anime fan as well. I look forward to joining Event staff again! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
EDIT: NEW APPLICATION! (UP TO DATE)
Minecraft IGN:

nielsvijf

What time of the day would you be most available to run events? (Please specify a time zone):

6:00PM-11:00PM if in-game and any time if on website or forum. My time zone is UTC+8.

Hours per week you play(average) AND how long have you been in Minetown:

16 hours per week and 1 have been in Minetown for 1 month or less.

I specialize in events that are held in websites or forums. I can also do in-game events.

Design contests maybe, trailers and advertisement videos might be good for the server.

Have you ever participated or ran any unofficial events? Please tell us about what you did and how it went:

I ran a official contest in a non-gaming site and it was really successful. Everything went perfectly smooth.

I ran an official design contest in a minecraft site and it was also successful.

I also run building contests in a server I have rank in and each time I ran it, it was also successful.

Tell us about your experience with some of the mechanisms we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard Regions, CraftBook, etc.):

WorldEdit is the only thing I'm good at. I have learned the important commands and memorized most of them. I also have little trouble working with it. I might need help with others but I am very easy to teach.

Being Event staff is not an easy task, but considering my experiences, I think I will be able to handle with the events.

Tell us about yourself:

Hi! I'm bradixr, male and 12 years old. Although I am only 12 I have a mature behavior. I am very fluent in English which is good because I can communicate with people at ease and write without or less mistakes and not like "Wer r u?" and more like "Where are you?" I think that's all I have to say for now.

Just give me a chance to give it a shot and I will do my best to make you guys proud.
Bump