Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Events team applications.
Started by [E] dead [1]

Minecraft IGN: leronzadok

What time of the day would you be most available to run events? (Please specify a time zone): I am available most of the time past 3:00pm (Pacific Time Zone).

Hours per week you play(average) AND how long have you been in Minetown: On weekends, I play all day on MT, but on weekdays, i don't play as much. I still play, though. I am very active and always find time to get on daily.

What kind of events would you specialize in? I specialize in just about all kinds of events. I can make then quick, but i wont rush.. i want them to be good and nice. All my events will be unique and i will not over do the events, once done it is gone and a new event is coming. But for Spleef, i ill try to run it weekly or even daily. But, an event im really good as is making cool adventure maps. These adventure maps will have quests, pvp, parkour, and other awesome things inside of it that would allow the player to have a great time. Each quest will contain traveling and looking for Things.

What are your ideas for future events? I will create many awesome events such as Spleef, pvp, parkour, building contests, speed build, etc... For the spleef event, it will be on daily and have 3-5 layers of snow under it so it wont be easy and it would be longer and more fun. For the pvp, there will be buildings for archers and such. For the parkour, there will be checkpoints so the people wont have to start all over. The parkour will be somewhat difficult, but still possible and still fun. For the building Contest, it will be creative, but they have a certain amount of time to build something cool. Also, i will run Survival Building Contests, in these contests, items will be given, but they have a certain amount of items to building something awesome. And for the Speed build, there will be both creative and Survival ones. They have a certain amount of time to build their builds in this contest. Also, i will add some Adventure maps events. In these events, people will have to adventure through the map section and have to beat everyone to the end of the adventure. All my events will be unique and well though out. I will work hard on them and do my best on each one. Also, Im going to make a hunger games event. This event will be somewhat like the move and allow the players to vs one an other till one person wins in the end. The prizes will be money, diamonds, and other riches through out some servers. In the hunger games, you can choose to be or not to be with a partner, but in the end... only one survives. Also, i am pretty decent in redstone, so i'll make a lot of redstone games and mazes that will be a lot of fun. I look forward into making a Counter Strike TTD with redstone. There will be 2 teams, Red and blue. Each of them will fight against each other with Iron swords, Bows, and will have Iron Armor to protect themselves. This events will also have SVS (server signs) that when right clicked, it'll throw fireballs, and shoot TNT at the enemy. Once the bomb is planted, the other team has 30 seconds to defuse it. It takes about 5 seconds for the Bomb to be defused. I will also make mazes that will require you to have skill in parkour, and require you to think. My Mazes will have parkour sections, Dark sections, fighting against mobs, swimming, climbing, and finding areas and using your brain.

Have you ever participated or ran any unofficial events? Please tell us about what you did and how it went: I have participated in some events, but the best one was kutha1's building contest. I had a good time. Although i did not win, i had a great time and am looking forwards to make an event like that and participate in many more events such as that one. In the building event i worked really hard to make a build. I worked for many hours on this build, it was nice, but the person who won really deserved it. i also have not ran any unofficial events, but i am working on making one, a book contest.. it will be a bunch of stories and the person with the best one wins. There will of course be some rules, but not ones that will take the fun away. There will also be themes for this story, they aall must be about 1 thing. A subject would be given and they have to make a story about it.

Tell us about your experence with some of the mechinisms we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard Regions, CraftBook, etc.): I know all of WorldEdit, i have been using it for many years on various other servers. I have also been with WorldGuard for many years. I know how to make regions and how to edit flags and such. I also know what all the flags do, and how to use them properly. I know about sub-regions and Parent regions, etc... Now with CraftBook i'm not the best, but yes i do know the basics such as Gate, Bridge, Inputs, Outputs, etc.. I really love plugins, they make the sever a lot more fun with a lot more advantages. I am learning more and more everyday, and will learn more in the near future. I am a quick learner and am very happy to learn more.

Why do you consider Event staff over Normal staffing? I would like to be other kinds of staff as well, but i know i would be good for the Event Team. I will build cool events, make them fun, give out cool prizes, and i will not make only 1 or 2, i will make a lot so everyone on the events server will have a good time. And also, I have a great time building events and i know will be fun for the players. I know ill be a great person for the job. Events are a great way of having fun and letting people do stuff they normally cant do on main sever or such. Also, my events will be original and running either daily, weekly or monthly. daily events might be spleef and such, weekly can be the counter strike TTD, and montly can be cool monthly build events such as speed build, theme build, normal survival build, and Creative builds.

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what? I have an active mind, i will always think of a way to make the events better as i make more. When i make spleef events, i might make 3-5 layers of snow all under each other, so it wont be so easy, and for parkour, i wont make it that if you fail you start all over, you can go to checkpoints and such. My events will always be getting better and i will always be adding more and more. Also, each event i make will be original, i will not copy any events, although some might have the same purpose, but none will have the same design.

Tell us about yourself: I love MineTown, and would do anything to help it. I want to be part of the Event team so i can make cool and fun events that people can have a lot of fun. I will be offering awesome prizes on not only on the main servers, but also on server such as skyblock, prison, Pearl, etc... Each time i make an event, it will get better bigger, and more fun. My events will allow the players of Minetown to have a lot more fun. Thank you for taking your time and reading my application, Have a great day or night. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

What time of the day would you be most available to run events? (Please specify a time zone): I would be able to run events in the evenings EST and at various times on the weekend. My IRL schedule can be crazy, and It can be all over the place, but I can commit to certain times.

Hours per week you play(average) AND how long have you been in Minetown: I play on average 2.5 hours or more a day, so around ~21+ Hours, sometimes more, or less. I have been a registered member since March 26th-ish 2012, so about 1 year and half almost

What kind of events would you specialize in?

- Quick, Fast, and Fequant

- Detailed events that will take a while to run

- Team events, building events, puzzle events, etc.

All kinds of events, I would probably run some small events when there is alot of people on, with no warning on the forums, and host regularly scheduled ones on a weekly or monthly basis

What are your ideas for future events?

Some ideas:

Survival Skyscrapers!: a build event, 1 week to build an awesome skyscraper, unlimited store, but you are in survival-no flying-Invincible would be on to prevent death.

MTOlympics: we did the olympics once, and i'd like to make them again with the winter olympics coming up soon. We would have winter themed events ranging from spleef to ice skating, whatever, I would make a full out olympic town, with the arenas- maybe even hold a build event for portions of it. It would be a community effort

Hardcore Build: In this event you must build the best house, or whatever theme, but must gather resources first, and you have mobs always trying to kill you. Forest biome of materials is shared by everyone, so you can "fight" over items.

HungerGames Build: here you must build a home, or whatever theme is chosen, from a bank of chests in the middle, PvP is enabled, and there is a time limit, If you are killed you cannot re-enter Once time is up, or there is only one person left, the builds are judged.

I could think of so many more, but these are the most thought out ideas.

Have you ever participated or ran any unofficial events? Please tell us about what you did and how it went: I love to participate in as many events as I can, I have run some small events, but haven't got any screen shots, I also did the MTTheme contest, and I run events regularly as part of my Sergeant duties on prison (EggRoulette).

Also I have run one official event: StudioBuild on the event server-/warp studio build, I also have been asked to assist some event team members in helping work on their events recently..no names.

Tell us about your experence with some of the mechinisms we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard Regions, CraftBook, etc.): I am very familiar with all of these mechs, I use them regularly on a server I co-own with a3modz2. I especially like making events easy to run using ServerSigns with a TON of commands attached to them, so the person who is running it, wouldn't need any instructions past click the signs.

Why do you consider Event staff over Normal staffing?: I prefer Event Staff over Moderation merely because I think that you can connect with the player base more as an event staff member. You can do things with them, and yet still serve the server on a higher position than member.

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what? Oh, I can think of some of the craziest things, my imagination is wild, also

think-outside-the-box.jpg

Tell us about yourself: I am in 10th grade this year, I am involved in many clubs, including french, robotics, and theater! My favorite color is orange, and I love vibrant colors. Also I am a Star Scout in the BSA, and am a troop guide(new scout patrol leader) And i enjoy that alot, I also am in the OA the BSA's national honor society, as a brotherhood member. I also am 100% deaf in both the right and left ears, but I have cochlear implants, so I can hear just fine <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>

Also, this application is a revised version of my earlier one, so please disregard that one, I will edit it out after I post this.

I do hope that you consider me for event staff, alot of members from all the servers have told me that I would be a good event staff member. And I think I would too, I am aways trying to think of ways to improve, and I can help create a better event team, or at least thats what I think.

I have changed some things minutely to keep this as up to date with information, and deleted my last post.

~JIMMY(jimbo493)

What time of the day would you be most available to run events? (Please specify a time zone): 7PM-4AM PST

Hours per week you play(average) AND how long have you been in Minetown: 30-40ish, and I'm not exactly sure how long I've been here, but about 1 week before prison was officially released (out of beta).

What kind of events would you specialize in? Frequent mainly, I think I may be able to make the event server a bit more lively. I also think that I may be able to make some more intricate events that would be very fun to do.

What are your ideas for future events? Possibly some puzzle styled events such as decoding a hidden pattern (I'm fairly good with redstone.), as well as some skill based events possibly involving some parkour.

Have you ever participated or ran any unofficial events? Please tell us about what you did and how it went:I have not.

Tell us about your experence with some of the mechinisms we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard Regions, CraftBook, etc.): I've helped run a server, DarkPrison, I no longer help them run the server, but in the time I did, I did a lot of building (WE, and setting up regions through worldguard.) I do not have experience with CraftBook, but it is something I will learn in time.

Why do you consider Event staff over Normal staffing? I wanna run events ;3

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what? IDK POTATO. I don't know what to put here... (hurries back into the box)

Tell us about yourself: I'm a 20 year old nerd who enjoys playing minetown skyblock mainly.I am also creative, and am fairly good at working redstone. Anything else just /t me and ask ;3.
The new Event Team Application is now here: Event Team Applications

Applications in this thread are now 'void' - please post in the new thread if you are still interested in the position.

Thank you & good luck.