Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Main Market Update 2016
Started by [E] Zionia

Just a point of clarification... I believe killing_acer does not want a roof on the bridge, which is why he asked to consolidate. If that is the case I would like to point out that the new rule states that no roofs are allowed.
I do not know why my comment needed to be clarified but drawing incorrect conclusions is not clarification. 74.png Katrinaxoxo and I have played on multiple servers over the past five years. A bit over a year ago we found a server so good that we for once donated our money to help support this community. The main draw point was the vibrant community and marketplace. We as a couple are competitive in nature and love the aspect of creating shops to compete by creating a brand and having some of the lowest prices. As part of our brand (Lowe's) we wanted to make the sign as basic yet memorable as possible. To do so we decided banners were the best way to go about this as we do not have large enough plot in the market to create large letters out of blocks. We used these banners at the top and front of our shop to let everyone know the brand Lowe's meant the lowest prices around. Once the new(est) marketplace was created we wanted to expand our brand and therefore our shop by creating a two tower building connected by a bridge. The first building owned by myself would say Lowe's in the bottom and the other building (Katrinaxoxo's) said Express. These plots were perfect to fit out full brand name (Lowe's Express) with the convenience of a bridge to connect them. These new restrictions to the market have put a big impact, as we see it, to our branding image and is why I asked Crush to look at raising the banner / head limit to six as they are the core of our brand. With the four banner limit we cannot spell Lowe's or Express and therefore it is now pointless to have two shops as we cannot have our full brand name. The bridge restriction on the other hand is the least of my worries, as it is an easy building edit. Although, I personally do not understand why a bridge cannot be covered. I think it is a weird rule with no real reason (that I have read) behind this creativity limiting restriction. Overall, we still plan on owning one shop and revising the building design to meet these new market regulations but, we hope that we can keep our brand image alive. However, if the banner/skull limit is raised to seven or more then I will be keeping my shop as we can have Lowe’s Express in the bottom of our shop as we have it now.

-JAB
I understand completely, 74.png killing_acer The banner and skull limit was discussed, and was changed.