Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Get Minetown Back On Track!
Started by [E] XxDEATH_SN1PAxX

heres my idea on how to fix the economy. DONT TRY TO FIX THE ECONOMY.
This isn't Real life though its a game so we can doooo watever with the economy ....All we gotta do is get more people to spend there diamonds somehow rather than just deleting them..they need a way to spend the diamonds and never see them again like Vaults or selling more stuff in the admin shop. You can not just delete everyone stuff(Diamonds gold wood) because you fear they might leave...If you do THEY WILL LEAVE. People put a lot of time in this game and would hate the server if they did that.
you have got to be kidding. if that happened,

1: i would be pissed

2: that would make the economy worse, as everyone would have no money, other then credits, which are easy to get. terrible idea. thats like saying

"Hey nice bridge you built there, tear it town, its ugly" how would you feel? terrible idea indeed.
I think a good idea would for the admin shop to sell enchanted picks, shovels etc...Ever since you stopped getting XP for mining those items sell for quite a few diamonds.
i knew i was going to get some criticisim but we have found and idea for the staff sell more stuff at the admin shop this is what this thread was about
BeckyBeauty1 wrote:
I think a good idea would for the admin shop to sell enchanted picks, shovels etc...Ever since you stopped getting XP for mining those items sell for quite a few diamonds.

Sorry, but Duckshop doesn't transfer enchants when you buy tools or armor from them, so this would be hard to implement.
Oh I didn't realize that...yes that would be difficult to implement <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
I think an easy solution would be to make everything available in the Credit Shop also purchasable in diamonds. Some of those items like eggs would cost a pretty decent amount. That way it is a one way exchange and the diamonds are lost to the abyss. Even making some rare items exclusively purchasable via diamond would help raise the value of them. Think about if rare eggs could only be purchased by diamond. By pegging something of great value exclusively to diamonds you in turn make the value of the diamond itself go up.

Or of course there is the simple option of making a fixed diamond-mtc exchange rate. This would be easily done by putting an exchange center in the bank along with the already implemented diamond-gold-iron exchange stations. A rate of 100mtc-1 diamond is way above any other buyer in the current market. The value of diamonds would only be able to go up if this happened as no one with any sense would sell for a lower price (unless in extreme bulk).
Unless you are volunteering to be a victim in a Kennedy style assassination; I would not suggest this route is taken.

I know how you feel about the economy, other people have felt the same way, but they have found it is not as simple as it sounds in the beginning....

There is no easy fix for this - finals ideas have been the best I've seen IMO - but they still aren’t flawless. if an mtc/DIA get added at the bank - this WOULD help because buying them for 20 is to easy...but the problem is that then people w masssss diamonds could sell and make huge profit and could buy up a surplus of another item, and jack up the price....

Or just keep the mtc and gain a massive advantage over other players - such as people just coming into the server

I have noticed myself the value of diamonds going down. So in my opinion, why not just keep it the way it is and just start implementing Diamond blocks into the mix like they are already?

There is always something to sell. Whether it be services, or a product. Why not do what most countries do when the value of currency goes down? When the Euro first came out, it was valued at .75 of the US dollar. Now it is the other way around! (partially because the value of the US dollar went south) So Instead of just taking away all diamonds, stop giving them out! Take them out of the banks ATM! Let the players get diamonds from other players (besides staff) and let the diamond eventually go up in value that way instead of resetting it all of a sudden. It would make the player happy, make the value of the diamond go up, and stabilize the economy gradually instead of having a instant economy damaging change. Please give feedback on my opinions and ideas! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>