Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Regards to Ban Appeal Format WTF.
Started by [E] schaefer1231

dunsjohn wrote:
I mean, hell... I get 10-20 pm's EVERY WEEK asking "How do I join the server?" Are you F*ing kidding me? You can't see the big join now at the top? -_-

In All Honesty.. You are such an asshole. Some people are 12 and don't understand how to join a big major server. You one of the people on here who give minetown a bad name im serious. You act as if you can walk all over everyone.
Nemenix wrote:
Also the steal traps should be removed. I know there are a lot of signs that say DON'T STEAL YOU WILL BE BANNED!, nearly everyone has it in them to steal, we are humans and we make faults.

I agree kick the Steal Traps they are stupid and really unnecessary, but the fact that you said nearly everyone i would have to disagree with. Not everyone has it in them to steal.
ModernDragoness wrote:
Curious, I never found the "Ban Appeal Format" difficult to find...

Especially i would like to thank you for you smart ass of a comment and picture. True it is not hard to find the ban appeal format people rush through them because they really like minetown and they made a mistake.
Coffeey wrote:
You are a mod+ and staff manager... you have experiance with forums, i presume.

A lot of people dont and when join the server are thrown straight into the whole forums aspect of it all. If you are new to forums, then it wouldnt be as easy to find as you or I could find it.

As true as this statement is i would have to say (I personally did not) that people need to check out everything while waiting for their application to be A: accepted or B: Rejected. Don't tell me you don't have time to see things like that.
Fettuccini wrote:
You practicaly have to stare directly at the Appeal Format thread in order to post an appeal. What possible reason is there that mods should have to baby anyone through something as simple as this? There is none.

There is also no reason to put the rules directly in the application. There is a great big button on the very top of the of every page on this website that says "RULES". In fact its DIRECTLY NEXT TO the Join button.

Correct, but guidance didn't kill anyone right a simple HAY how about you post correctly heres a link because im a nice mod action. Also i never read the rules when joining to minetown i agreed and was added in because of a friends ticket for donating because he was a nice guy.
MastaC729 wrote:
If you're too ignorant to not use the correct format (which we have used for quite a long time), then that's too bad for you. It's there to make the appealing process easier.

As correct that is, it is partially and asshole response (My Personal Opinion doesn't matter to you BIG HIGH AND MITTY ADMINS understandable)
sawine wrote:
I understand it can be "sad" that some not-so-smart people are contacting random people to get support with their ban appeal... but I don't think there is anything to gain by making the ban appeals more idiot friendly.

(First time going against Sawine) As understanding that may be, but to put the "Not-So-Smart people really is unnecessary. Some maybe 12 years old or younger and they may not understand it.
dunsjohn wrote:
EDIT: They know they have to make a thread for a ban appeal. They click forums for it. They can see "ban appeals" on the forum page. They click on that. Third one down, ban appeal format. OMG! I did it mommy, I was able to pull my pull-ups up. It's not that hard to follow common sense. I find it hard to believe that everyone banned has autism or any other common sense impairing disorder.

REALLY How old are you to be this immature to say "OMG! I did it mommy, i was able to pull my Pull-Ups up." Are you serious. Now i have ADHD its not close to autism, but i have a partially mental disability in which causes me to be over hyperactive and i don't take medication for it because i found it demeaning. You for your age can be very Immature.

http://minetown.net/forum/page/5/m/672632/viewthread/2650895-ban-format-wtf-that

This entire post here i made in regards to the link above. I found that a lot of these people where either right or demaning and there is so much more that was posted that i found demeaining to the minetown experiance. Now i agree that people should be able to look at the post a proper ban appeal and have the commen sense to tell the truth, but some may not. A specific person in this post above really caught my eye on how they act towards certain types of people and for their age i would expect them to be more mature then they were here on this thread. Thanks for reading and i doubt many read the top, but if you did A ++ for you. Thanks.

-Schaefer1231 (Troll)
Im glad you made this new thread... as the decision to lock the last one was by a mod who thought we were all off topic when it was actually the mod lol. Everyone makes mistakes i suppose
Dunsjohn wrote:
Did I say they're stupid or something? No. It IS a common sense impairing disorder. Please look it up, and inform yourself.

First of all I help out voluntarily in my moms school in her class and also in an autism unit for small children, who are all severely autistic. It is unnesassary for me to 'inform myself'.

Also yes, wether you intentially did or not, you implied they were stupid
No Problem Coffeey thats why i did it more people had things to say on it.
Coffeey wrote:
Im glad you made this new thread... as the decision to lock the last one was by a mod who thought we were all off topic when it was actually the mod lol. Everyone makes mistakes i suppose
Dunsjohn wrote:
Did I say they're stupid or something? No. It IS a common sense impairing disorder. Please look it up, and inform yourself.

First of all I help out voluntarily in my moms school in her class and also in an autism unit for small children, who are all severely autistic. It is unnesassary for me to 'inform myself'.

Also yes, wether you intentially did or not, you implied they were stupid

Since people wish to continue this, I might as well also.

Coffeey... saying someone has their common sense impaired doesn't make them stupid. Einstein, for example, is thought to have had Autism. Don't forget Newton and Darwin. Funny how the people thought to me smartest in the world are thought to have Autism, huh? Good job Coffeey and seeing things how YOU want to see them.

schaefer:

"In All Honesty.. You are such an asshole. Some people are 12 and don't understand how to join a big major server. You one of the people on here who give minetown a bad name im serious. You act as if you can walk all over everyone."

I'm too lazy to do the quote things right now, so bare with me. Well... I do believe a twelve year old knows how to read, yes? Correct me if I'm wrong on that. Thanks for the name calling, by the way. Glad to see the immaturity there.

"REALLY How old are you to be this immature to say "OMG! I did it mommy, i was able to pull my Pull-Ups up." Are you serious. Now i have ADHD its not close to autism, but i have a partially mental disability in which causes me to be over hyperactive and i don't take medication for it because i found it demeaning. You for your age can be very Immature."

It's a pun off of a commercial. Obviously some people wouldn't understand or be old enough to know that pun. As well, I never made a claim about immaturity or maturity in my posts concerning this topic (except this post in the above response). I don't give a damn about your ADHD. Honestly, I don't know you in real life nor will I ever. Even if we did talk a lot in game, it wouldn't matter. People with disabilities can do great things. As well, you're taking my quote out of context. You took a couple sentences out of many paragraphs. That quote was referring to the average person. Learn to read and understand theoretical argumentation.

EDIT: My last post because I know another lock is coming.
Duns im a teenager first of all im a rebel more then a mature person i type like a mature person using my unlimited vocabulary i used the word ASSHOLE to reference you because thats how you act. No matter how much it is a pun off of a commercial does not really matter it makes you look immature for being in your 20's.
Oh my god I'm laughing my ass off!

Apparently people really don't like you dunsjohn.
schaefer1231 (The Troll) wrote:

(First time going against Sawine) As understanding that may be, but to put the "Not-So-Smart people really is unnecessary. Some maybe 12 years old or younger and they may not understand it.

Well, then those 12yo, younger people and illiterate people can go play elsewhere... I already deal with plenty of issues everyday... I don't want more babysitting to do....

And wth ? the steal traps are stupid ??.... it's more like the people who steal from them are stupid... ... How can you make a mistake when it's written in caps on a sign next to the chest that you will be banned if you steal from it...

..And the previous thread was locked for getting too much off-topic... Please don't turn this into a Autism debate or w/e.

Edit: Don't turn it into a personal debate either...
Although I usually dont, I have to agree with dunsjohn's last post. As for the autism thing, he was stating facts and not in an insulting manner. Coffeey, he did not say ANYTHING about autistc people being stupid. Impaired common sense is not the same thing as just plain stupidity.

Schaefer, the fact that you CONSTANTLY call people assholes whenever you disagree with them (not just in this thread, but on the forums in general) leaves you no room to talk about ANYONE's maturity.
Understandable why it was locked. And sawine why would you want 12 yr old kids who ask their parents to donate more money going into the server. from a server owner you act more like a Ceo of a major corporation appointed by the owner of the real deal business less care about the members. Understandable that its less to deal with then why would someone want to play?
Well dunsjohn did call the people stupid who couldn't make a proper ban appeal, then he brings in autism...