Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Mcmmo
Started by [E] Sayomie

I feel as though having two worlds would be too much to handle for the mods and others maintaining the server. We already have many problems dealing with one kind of server. Can you imagine having an additional sever to deal with on top of the existing one?
I have read many of these posts and find myself deeply saddened by the amount of people trying to influence the vote and later revealing they know nothing about it. Will it have an economic impact on the game? I'm sure it will. Will it completely destroy minecraft and society as we know it no lol.

Many of the skills within the plugin have time limits and other checks and balances built into the game. Your not going to simple run around 1 hitting trees and collecting all the logs. I believe that skill had a 5 min cooldown or something to that effect. PVP unbalanced? When I trained up I found that my character became to tired to use skills again waiting for a timer before I could atk again with any skill.

I trained up my sword, acrobatics, woodcutting and archery all well over lvl 100 in the brief time we had it. Was I super OP not even close lol.

Acrobatics - still took massive damage and only had small percentage of a chance of even "rolling" to negate fall damage. Pretty useless

Swords - Ok I can hit you like twice with a special ability that barely even does extra damage before I become to tired and have to wait. Kinda pointless when most of the newbs that try and pvp are in no armor and use wooden swords. So what an extra heart of damage when you can already 1 hit them with enchants <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

woodcutting - ahh the economy killer. Sure I could 1 hit a tree every 5 minutes (or so) but while waiting for that I cut down 3 others lol. So overall amount of logs is increased but not nearly the economic crisis its made out to be.

archery - complete waste of time IMO. The amount of damage gained is worthless even at max level of 1000 its pretty minimal. Like swords a powerful bow already 1 hits people so slightly added damage is pointless.

The only reason I said yes to the plugin despite my negative review is it gives me something to do. Would I have an advantage over those who decide not to level?? Yes, but I already have an advantage cause they are lazy lol. They wont even take the time to get decent armor and weapons to try and kill me <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
antonyoo wrote:
I feel as though having two worlds would be too much to handle for the mods and others maintaining the server. We already have many problems dealing with one kind of server. Can you imagine having an additional sever to deal with on top of the existing one?

Actually there already is another one that has been in development for quite a while. Regardless of this plugin, there IS going to b e an additional server.
Personally, I'm For Mcmmo.

I enjoy the extra depth it givesd the game, the addition option to spend your play time on.

Agreed though that the 'ready your fists' is genrally spammy and uninformative, and that levels are too easy to obtain.

And, perhaps, a /skill toggle command, to choose whether or not you gain xp in levels, for the purists.
Sequel_Sentry wrote:
Coffeey wrote:

I think people on the server should have to earn the right to vote by being a good member of the community and active, and obviosly not dumb.

The reason for this is because a lot of people voting on this dont understand what this plugin will do, nor understand minecraft isnt supposed to be a grind fest. There voting yes because they are like 'AMG PERKS AND LEVELS AND I HAS MOAR POINTSH THAN U'

Just because you've been here a while doesn't make your vote more important. If people want it, they want it.

By what you said it seems like you didn't read my whole comment, and also ignored a lot of what i said and came up with your own random conclusion.

In real life, people need to be a certain age to vote. This is because you are not deemed mature enough to make important decisions for the good of your (whatever your voting on) country, state, business etc etc...

It should be the same here..
Coffeey wrote:
Sequel_Sentry wrote:
Coffeey wrote:

I think people on the server should have to earn the right to vote by being a good member of the community and active, and obviosly not dumb.

The reason for this is because a lot of people voting on this dont understand what this plugin will do, nor understand minecraft isnt supposed to be a grind fest. There voting yes because they are like 'AMG PERKS AND LEVELS AND I HAS MOAR POINTSH THAN U'

Just because you've been here a while doesn't make your vote more important. If people want it, they want it.

By what you said it seems like you didn't read my whole comment, and also ignored a lot of what i said and came up with your own random conclusion.

In real life, people need to be a certain age to vote. This is because you are not deemed mature enough to make important decisions for the good of your (whatever your voting on) country, state, business etc etc...

Now I am not totally disagreeing with you, however I feel I should point out that just because someone is of voting age does not mean they know what is truly "good". I have talked to sensible people under 18, and totally ignorant ones well into their twenties and beyond. A new member can be just as knowledgeable, or at least as sensible, as someone here for months.
Final_7ruth wrote:
Coffeey wrote:
Sequel_Sentry wrote:
Coffeey wrote:

Now I am not totally disagreeing with you, however I feel I should point out that just because someone is of voting age does not mean they know what is truly "good". I have talked to sensible people under 18, and totally ignorant ones well into their twenties and beyond. A new member can be just as knowledgeable, or at least as sensible, as someone here for months.

Just for funziez! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
i honestly dont think we should use this its mostly for pvp servers. is minetown a pvp server? exactly -.- well if this gets put into the main server im quitting minetown i might as well go try to find a server that is like minetown. the reason why people stay is bc we like it here its not like every other server out there. mcmmo is something almost every server out there has -.-.

-peace Abzilla
What is the plugin we were using to gain XP from building and destroying?
I would like to mention that I believe McMMO is a bit over powered and I also wish it had a little more diversity in it's offerings. However, I still enjoyed it for the few benefits it did provide. Mine faster? Yes please. I would much rather pay the one time cost of leveling up in order to be able to complete tasks faster. Rather then spend several hours digging out some holes I can instead apply that time to being a bit more creative. I'm not really buying into the argument it makes the world easier. There really isn't a challenge in minecraft beyond establishing an initial presence. Once a certain foothold is reached and enough resources acquired the game changes considerably. From there on out the challenges and goals are set by the individual.

I can definitely empathize with those who might already have a style they want to play. ie, Merchant or Fighter. Suddenly, the rules of the game have changed slightly. In this light I believe it is a fair assessment to say that said established foothold just got a little rockier. Still, I really doubt anyone will have much challenge in keeping pace because life isn't all that complicated in the game.

Anyhow, I voted yes on the basis it's something a little different to do.