Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Mcmmo
Started by [E] Sayomie

I need to clear something here, sorry for the double post.

By rebalance i dont mean it will correct it. I have no doubt this will change balance though, in unpredictables ways.

But i think it might be balanced and may work. So it was a maybe.
I too feel mcmmo will make the game significantly easier, too easy, even-- that's what the creative server is for.

If made appropriately difficult, I could see it becoming a "maybe", but even then it only serves to increase the disparity between players. However, I don't think it should be enabled in any way, shape, or form until it is fully and properly configured for our needs.

It was my understanding that the whole point of the new world on the dev server was so that that would be the rpg world, and the main world would be left alone as a standard building world. While this still wouldn't help the economy, it would allow players that don't wish to participate in the rpg aspects have a place where they don't have to deal with other players having perks which grant unfair advantages.

I have to agree with Slurth that for the uninitiated, mcmmo (or any RPG plugin, for that matter), is extremely confusing. Minetown was my first non-vanilla server, and even with the limited plugins we have, I found it very confusing. I can't imagine how overwhelming it would have been to learn an RPG system on top of the quirks already implemented by various plugins.

I personally think we should continue with what I thought the original plan was-- leave the main server alone, and when we bring up the second world, let that be the RPG world. Something that has been gone over and carefully balanced and tuned, something that players can engage on their own terms and choose to participate in when they are ready.
What Darth said.
Sorry to be nooby but what is mcmmo I recognise some bits described but not sure what the whole point is and what it does
Its a plugin that tries to turn minecraft into more of an RPG game. It lets you level up to get perks to make collecting things easier and stuff like that. In other words you grind your face off and then the game gets stupidly easy.
That isn't necessarily true Fettuccini. Yes, it can be configured so that things become super easy, but we would not be configuring it that way. Before I joined Minetown, I was active on a server that mcmmo was an "established" plugin. While the value of glowstone did go down on account of dirt dropping glowdust, other factors on the server prevented the features from being "overpowered". Some people may do things to grind the levels, but they would not have a significant advantage over other players (that don't grind) as a result.
ModernDragoness wrote:
That isn't necessarily true Fettuccini. Yes, it can be configured so that things become super easy, but we would not be configuring it that way. Before I joined Minetown, I was active on a server that mcmmo was an "established" plugin. While the value of glowstone did go down on account of dirt dropping glowdust, other factors on the server prevented the features from being "overpowered". Some people may do things to grind the levels, but they would not have a significant advantage over other players (that don't grind) as a result.

I see. I wasnt able to play while it was active on Minetown, and I havent been on any servers that use it, so I was going off what I had read on the bukkit page for it. For the record though, I'm still against it being on the main server.
Fair disclosure, even though I don't want it I feel that players should be able to make an informed decision on the matter.

http://mcmmo.wikia.com/wiki/McMMO_Wiki

A wealth of knowledge on the subject.
Coffeey wrote:
I know this will be implemented anyways so i want to say this:

I think people on the server should have to earn the right to vote by being a good member of the community and active, and obviosly not dumb.

The reason for this is because a lot of people voting on this dont understand what this plugin will do, nor understand minecraft isnt supposed to be a grind fest. There voting yes because they are like 'AMG PERKS AND LEVELS AND I HAS MOAR POINTSH THAN U'

Im disspointed...

Just because you've been here a while doesn't make your vote more important. If people want it, they want it.

As for changing the economy, almost all of the mob drop items have been ruined by spawners already, and we have economy issues? The best point is that it makes it too easy if anything, but I find it more of a way of keeping track of progress.
I personally HATE Mcmmo. it is a very poorly done plugin and is absolutely useless it would just take up space to get a decent useful plugin

I voted No