Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] /party chat
Started by Unknown User

I was thinking...it would be great if towns, factions or friends could talk to each other in a private chat. It would be pretty simple. Some one (party leader) would type /create party. Then to add people to the party the leader would type /party invite name of player. The player would then do /party accept. Then once in a party you could do /ch p to talk in the party. I think this would be great for friends to talk to each other and not have to make global chat so crowded.

Anyway post what you think

best regards logan12
It's already been discussed. Just use local chat. In reality, you are rarely separated from your town/faction (in terms of area). As well, in reality... you only talk to one person at a time (for the most part). Local chat or the /tell system is good enough for our server needs.
I see where your coming from, but this would be for friends to talk in a more casual way without being talked to or kicked because of language. Also its a privacy matter, i wouldnt want to say my address in public chat.
Use the tell system to tell private things. Honestly, there's zero need for what you're asking for. If you're talking, you're probably not really doing anything else in the game. Why not meet up someplace where no one else goes and use local? As I've said, I highly doubt anyone is intentionally talking to more than one person at the same time. There are people who enter conversations between two people. However, it's rarely found in human nature that someone intentionally initiates a conversation with multiple people. Here at university, 20k people... I've never seen it done. A conversation doesn't necessarily mean everyone who's involved, but rather means who the statement is directed towards. When you say something, 9/10 times it will be directed towards one person only, I can pretty much guarantee that. Therefore, having a party chat would be useless, and more work than using the tell system. Why? People need to log in/out so they can see without any chunk errors. I need to do so roughly 3-5 times in a half hour period. That is due to the connection between the server and I. Sure, I get 4 bars connected to the server. However, when more and more people log on, the connection get's shared with everyone, meaning I get less and less, regardless of my connection speed. Therefore, you'd have to add someone to the party almost every 10 minutes. As well, when the party leader leaves for a chunk error or has to get off the game, the party chat no longer exists. There is way too much work, that once implemented people would whine and complain about how difficult it is to use, and then only a few people would ever use it.

Due to the above, this doesn't cater to the good of the server, in my opinion. From my understanding on previous threads about the same thing, this won't be happening either. Mod/admin, feel free to correct me about that.

In no way am I trying to attack you or ruin any reputation you may/may not have. I'm merely speaking theoretical argumentation combined with past experiences on this same topic, in addition to logic.
I dunno man, I feel that it would be very convenient for many tasks to have party chat available.

Just because you haven't had the want to talk with a private group doesn't mean others haven't
Irregardless (yes, I'm using this word Slurth, hehe), mods have stated already that this idea wouldn't be implement because it wouldn't benefit the server (last I heart, and I don't feel like digging through hundreds of pages of threads).
I would say no to party chat. Since it would mean you get club forming, groups of people that only interact with eachother. Its better if you involve yourself into the community. Also as pointed out above, if you just want to talk with friends or work on a project together for a while then local chat or even mumble is the way to go.
I voted and saw nickurus post... and then regretted my decision xD

Anyways, isnt mumble exactly that... a party chat system?
You're right Coffeey, that is what mumble is for.
Well if they upload Mcmmo again it involves chat groups and you can set passwords so theres something to look forward to