Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Dear people who make ban appeals.
Started by [E] Osmosis

I understand there are some of you who won't have done this, so this does not apply to you.

But to the increasing number who do: STOP THIS SHIT.

I am sick and tired of seeing people post ban appeals that say something along the lines of:

IGN: Example_Imbecile

When you were banned: 12.02.12

Who banned you: Example_Mod

Reason you were banned: Griefing.

And that is literally it. No apology, no explanation, just a statement of what the hell they did.

This is so damn arrogant it hurts. I can't believe people would be so ignorant, what are you expecting to gain through this? It's like saying "Yeah, so what."

It's called an appeal, meaning you should give people a reason to forgive/unban you. Not remind them how much a tit you were.

Next time I see somebody do this, I'll find out where they live, personally get a flight to their country, stomp up to their house and bitch slap them right in their ignorant face.

I'm sick of seeing people on this server who share the family brain cell.

EDIT (28.03.12): Also people, please punctuate your appeals. I'm seeing a lot of this recently, whole paragraphs without a single comma or full stop. Nobody's going to unban you if they can't even understand your gibberish.
Cakefiend... you are epic, my good sir. You are epic.
My real name is TPrezzle <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>
TPrezzle the Terrible wrote:
I understand there are some of you who won't have done this, so this does not apply to you.

But to the increasing number who do: STOP THIS SHIT.

I am sick and tired of seeing people post ban appeals that say something along the lines of:

IGN: Example_Imbecile

When you were banned: 12.02.12

Who banned you: Example_Mod

Reason you were banned: Griefing.

And that is literally it. No apology, no explanation, just a statement of what the hell they did.

This is so damn arrogant it hurts. I can't believe people would be so ignorant, what are you expecting to gain through this? It's like saying "Yeah, so what."

It's called an appeal, meaning you should give people a reason to forgive/unban you. Not remind them how much a tit you were.

Next time I see somebody do this, I'll find out where they live, personally get a flight to their country, stomp up to their house and bitch slap them right in their ignorant face.

I'm sick of seeing people on this server who share the family brain cell.

So... I could repost all that and get a load of votes!! Yeeeaah!
You could but don't! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":thumb:">:thumb:</object>
BUMPING THE HELL OUT OF THIS THREAD BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE STILL DOING IT

FUUUUUU
After getting on the interwebs today to see what was happening in the exciting world of the Minetown forums, I have come to the conclusion that ban appeals consisting of a only single 10+ line run-on sentence with almost no correctly spelled words and no punctuation whatsoever make me want to throw up a little. I can barely resist the urge to get thrown in jail for an hour. But resist I shall.
I'd rather the kind of ban appeal that I'm on about in the original post (AS LONG AS IT IS PUNCTUATED) than a one line sentence of drivel.
If I do get a chance to get banned, I'd make da best appeal eddah!
I laugh at ban appeals, and I wonder how stupid the general populace of Europe and North America are.