Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Kony 2012
Started by [E] FF Reloads

Its NOT worth the money, resources, and time to catch him. i may sound like a dick but take it from this view, its Uganda, these people have NEVER had a sense of whats right, how to run a country and military. they DON'T CARE. its just like the middle east, they don't give a rats ass whose in charge as long as they can practice Islam and burn american flags. but that's a whole different conversation. Now back to africa, i know its horrible hes taking kids and drugging them up to fight but no matter WHAT any outside force does, there will always be another warlord to take his place. i am NOT siding with the rebels but its not worth sending the army or marines in. were talking about africa too the slum of the world. no matter what we do, how much we help they will always be underdeveloped and constantly have problems like this.
Oh it's an issue all right, but do you really want to find out what happens when the government just stops spending? We become a great version of big North Korea, minus the oppressive communist dictatorship. On second thought, it wouldnt be out of the qustion that something like that could come about in that situation. But either way we'll all be poor with little to no utilities, defense, government programs, or food. Thats not to say there arent things that can and should but cut though.

Edit: also you may be right about the total cost figure, I may have been thinking of the total defense speding, not just for Iraq.
jjd712 wrote:
Its NOT worth the money, resources, and time to catch him. i may sound like a dick but take it from this view, its Uganda, these people have NEVER had a sense of whats right, how to run a country and military. they DON'T CARE. its just like the middle east, they don't give a rats ass whose in charge as long as they can practice Islam and burn american flags. but that's a whole different conversation. Now back to africa, i know its horrible hes taking kids and drugging them up to fight but no matter WHAT any outside force does, there will always be another warlord to take his place. i am NOT siding with the rebels but its not worth sending the army or marines in. were talking about africa too the slum of the world. no matter what we do, how much we help they will always be underdeveloped and constantly have problems like this.

So you believe that there is no hope and we should just let them suffer? Did you even watch the video because it doesn't sound like it from what you've said. You believe that as people who are able to help other people, we shouldn't waste our time with them? You want turn our backs on them as fellow human beings? ALL people deserve human rights.

I really don't want to insult anybody during this discussion. You don't just sound like a dick friend, you are one and a terrible person from what I just read. The Islamic&Burning flags comment was completely random and had nothing to do what was being discussed. And saying Africa will always be a 3rd world country may be true, but we can't see into the future, but doing the right thing no matter how small it is will have an impact. SAYING THEY DON'T CARE is ignorant, they don't want this man running the country, it's very obvious.
GACKt... The US has a history of lying about the costs, lol. Don't worry, not your fault. If Fett didn't reply, I would have said something similar to him (more like the DoA are a bunch of lying idiots who think they can get away with crap, like the lying to you about the cost of the war). Honestly, the 754 bil. you mentioned sounds more like security costs, maybe operations included (base expenses, not war expenses... i.e. medical supplies etc).

Fett, "good-guy" is a vague term, dependent on perspective. They were good in the eyes of America in the 70's (or around then, not sure of when that campaign took place).

Fett, then why is it that the larger sects of both groups are the ones who are going to be taking over? I'll give you a hint... the groups both had splits... look it up. Yes, Laden did found it... and he broke off of his own group. If you ask any member, I am pretty sure that 70% are probably against Laden's ideals (my bullshit percentage, but I'm damn well sure that the majority of people who were in his service dislike his ideals).

GACKt, as to being a human... why even bother? People are too sentimental, too cautious about others. I used to be that way. I used to be the sweet guy in class. Then I had a girlfriend, then another, then another. They were all whores. That taught me something, though. The majority of people "feel," but they don't have any true feelings. People put on a fake mask. They follow trends that the media has broadcast. GACKt, are you really going to fall for what this video says when roughly 30% of what they said is false? How is that a justification for a war? Honestly, logically speaking we should leave him alone. We meddle in too many country's business. Tell me a just cause for engaging in hostile actions toward this guy, as opposed to the US? That means, what threat does he pose to the US that would make us engage in hostile actions? Honestly, I see zero threat to the US.
Fettuccini wrote:
Oh it's an issue all right, but do you really want to find out what happens when the government just stops spending? We become a great version of big North Korea, minus the oppressive communist dictatorship. On second thought, it wouldnt be out of the qustion that something like that could come about in that situation. But either way we'll all be poor with little to no utilities, defense, government programs, or food. Thats not to say there arent things that can and should but cut though.

Edit: also you may be right about the total cost figure, I may have been thinking of the total defense speding, not just for Iraq.

It's a possibility and all too real given the current situation of the country.

I meant just Iraq.
Fett, I looked it up, it is estimated between 3.4 and 4 trillion USD.
dunsjohn wrote:
As well, America is technically defined as an imperialist country. Look at our territorial structure. They way colonies/territories/vassals are run is just like an empire is run. In addition, we're not a Democracy. Democracy doesn't even exist (I'll laugh at anyone who says otherwise). If we were a democracy, why do we have a congress? Congress... that means a group of people bound by a constitution. Constitution... means we are constitutional. First off, no such thing as a constitutional democracy. We have a congress, which makes us a republic. We're a constitutional republic (look it up), and as such we have imperialistic/fascist qualities. Heck, we're even dictatorial/totalitarian in some aspects. America isn't as "good" as a "good guy" as everyone thinks.

I smell the influence of a hardcore liberal anti-government college professor. There is a lot wrong about this statement. The U.S. is in no way Imperialist. The British Empire was imperialist. We do not conquer nations and absorb them into our 'empire'. Sure, we USED TO have an expansionist policy, but thats a thing of the past. We did not attempt to annex or colonized Iraq, Afghanistan, Germany, Korea, Vietnam, Japan, Panama, or Grenada into our own nation. Yes, we are a constitutional republic. Yes we ARE democratic, or at least as much as is even remotely possibly with a country of this size. True democracy is a thing of the past because it is impossible to allow everyone vote on EVERY SINGLE bill and everything else when you have a large population. And if we're the bad guys, or even borderline bad guys, then so is every other nation on the planet with the exceptions of Sweden, Switzerland, and MAYBE Canada.
dunsjohn wrote:
GACKt... The US has a history of lying about the costs, lol. Don't worry, not your fault. If Fett didn't reply, I would have said something similar to him (more like the DoA are a bunch of lying idiots who think they can get away with crap, like the lying to you about the cost of the war). Honestly, the 754 bil. you mentioned sounds more like security costs, maybe operations included (base expenses, not war expenses... i.e. medical supplies etc).

Fett, "good-guy" is a vague term, dependent on perspective. They were good in the eyes of America in the 70's (or around then, not sure of when that campaign took place).

Fett, then why is it that the larger sects of both groups are the ones who are going to be taking over? I'll give you a hint... the groups both had splits... look it up. Yes, Laden did found it... and he broke off of his own group. If you ask any member, I am pretty sure that 70% are probably against Laden's ideals (my bullshit percentage, but I'm damn well sure that the majority of people who were in his service dislike his ideals).

GACKt, as to being a human... why even bother? People are too sentimental, too cautious about others. I used to be that way. I used to be the sweet guy in class. Then I had a girlfriend, then another, then another. They were all whores. That taught me something, though. The majority of people "feel," but they don't have any true feelings. People put on a fake mask. They follow trends that the media has broadcast. GACKt, are you really going to fall for what this video says when roughly 30% of what they said is false? How is that a justification for a war? Honestly, logically speaking we should leave him alone. We meddle in too many country's business. Tell me a just cause for engaging in hostile actions toward this guy, as opposed to the US? That means, what threat does he pose to the US that would make us engage in hostile actions? Honestly, I see zero threat to the US.

Really? A couple of whore girlfriends desensitized you from feeling and stripped you of all you're humanity?

I haven't fallen for anything, I don't support the Invisible Children charity at all, it's too shady. You think this would cause a war? I hardly doubt that. 30% of what they say is false though? I doubt that, I've researched it pretty well. The only problem about this Organization is that it's untrustworthy. Who said we were ever going to war or engaging in hostile action with Joseph Kony? It's a simple capturing of him, yes it would prove difficult but it's not going to cause a full scale war with Uganda.
It wouldnt cause a war with Uganda itself, it would cause a war with the guy's supporters. Just like we arent at war with Afghanistan and werent at war with Iraq once we captured Hussein. We were at war with factions. You cant win his type of war, especially on their own soil. Thats why we lost in Vietnam. And you cant just remove a dictator and call it a day and go home. You are now responsible for making sure the country gets stabilized and that a decent government gets put in place.
All true, but helping a country shouldn't be looked at as a burden, helping them set up a Government that works and stabilizing them including the best part, get ready

Saving countless lives, entire generations wouldn't be slaughtered anymore.

We all live on this planet together, not to sound like a complete hippie or anything, but we won't be going anywhere any time soon. I don't believe in world peace, but I do believe that we should help other and at least somewhat get along, we can't get away from each other after all.