Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] World's Edge Lighthouse Design Contest!
Started by [E] Fettuccini

Go to /warp lighthouse; I built that one a looong time ago. Some of the top got changed a few months ago, but the changes aren't noticeable from the outside.
Oh that. Different contest. Clearly she wanted to be as cool as me and copied my idea. That must be it.
Here is my submission. it is 15x15 and something like 46 high. Mostly stone for the construction but there is also some iron to contain the interior lava fall which has the staircase wrapping around it. And some glowstone to acomplish the lighthouse aspect. perhaps when the next update comes out it can be modified for redstone lamp use. There is partially covered observation deck with glass around the rim to provide a good view of your area. The design allows for the water around the exterior to be potentially used as a water source for crop irrigation depending on where it is placed and how you tap off of it allowing it to act as a sort of life force for the town. I did not put much into the observation deck covering as it is pretty much an extreme after thought as it was raining when i finished the top and I wanted a small lid.
Soshiki Lighthouse Design: Date Start - February 16, 2012. Date Finish - February 22, 2012

Built by: dunsjohn

Helpers/assistants: None

Warp: /warp soshiki is the closest one

In a 15x15 zone

49 units tall from lowest floor block to highest point.

Pictures as follows:

1. Build's sign (all builds larger than a house structure within faction grounds are required to have this type of sign, only reason why it is included).

2. View from the frozen part of a large series of lakes (which connect to the ocean via rivers)

3. View from /warp soshiki, after walking down the path a bit (only one path to walk down)

4. Interior of first segment of body (colored wool segment)

5. First floor of a series of 3 floors

6. Second floor (used for construction purposes only, but you other uses are viable)

7. Main observation level, third floor.

8. View of the frozen lake from on top of the highest point.

Blocks used (in estimation, in units )

Glowstone: 100

White Wool: 300-350

Yellow Wool: 150

Red Wool: 200

Nether brick: 128

Nether Fence: 64

Wood Planks: 128

Smooth Stone: 64-100 (totally forgot to keep a rough estimate of this, sorry)

Torches: 20

Wooden Slabs: 100

Stone Slabs: 192

Sandstone: 128

Netherrack (lit - fire): 16

Wooden door: 1

Signs: 5 (4 used for lifts between floors)

Running total of costs (estimated): Roughly 37 diamonds - 40 diamonds

Gave the estimated cost so you know how much this build will cost you to replicate.

EDIT: You need to see it in person. The pictures (due to the rain and lack of night time) are not accurate for the ones at a distance. It looks much brighter than it seems.

EDIT 2: Picture 9: Snapshot with lowest brightness settings, makes it seem the brightness I tried to show in the first edit.

EDIT 3: Picture 10: Snapshot level view from 2/3 up the structure at around 30 units distance, lowest brightness setting. This way you can see the fire, hehe.
Beautiful design, nicely done dunsjohn!

P.S. I almost died going up the stairs XD
Be carefule M_I_Z_E

On a side not, review my response on your application to the faction. I gave you a hint on how to get accepted on your second application. /<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
A more modern spin on the traditional lighthouse. There are also a few more pics in my profile under the album "Lighthouse". Height is 50 blocks, Base dimensions are well within the 15x15 specifications (marked out by logs around the base). I can provide more screen shots if you would like to see anything more specific about the design <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

Flying

View from ground

Ground looking up

Enclosed viewing area

Flying (Default Texture)
i want to enter by the way <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> didn't have a whole lot of time so i just built it before i remembered to post that i was going to enter. oh well my bad
So far all great designs, this is gonna be a tough call!

And just a reminder, any more submissions must be posted before 8 pm CST tomorrow night to be considered!
The contest is offically closed! I will go through all of the submissions once more and the winners will be announced soon!