Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] World's Edge Lighthouse Design Contest!
Started by [E] Fettuccini

To celebrate (and shamelessly advertize) the founding of my first town, World's Edge (/warp worldsedge), I am holding a contest to design a lighthouse that will be prominently featured on the island.

RULES:

- The design must be no larger that 15x15 at the base and no more than 50 blocks tall (exceptions MIGHT be made for outstanding designs).

- Please do not use dirt in the design.

- Be creative! A boring/ugly design will not likely be chosen, so try to come up with something really original!

- This should go without saying, but all designs must be appropriate.

- If you plan on entering a design, please post in this thread so I know.

- Designs must be completed by February 25. I will choose and announce the winner no later than the 28th.

But what's a contest without a prize?

There will be prizes awarded for the 3 best designs, but only the first place design will be built on the island.

- First place will receive one stack of diamonds (yeah, I'm poor like that), a free custom lot in World's Edge, and of course full design credit on the lighthouse once it it built on the island.

- Second place will receive half a stack of diamonds and a free 11x11 lot in World's Edge.

- Third place will receive a diamond block and a free 9x9 lot in World's Edge.

DISCLAIMER: To avoid potentially having my town stuck with a bad looking lighthouse, if there are not at least three entries by the end of the contest, I reserve the right not to build any of them in my town. HOWEVER: To be fair, if this happens I will still award the other prizes regardless.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of the custom waterfront lot the winner will receive. The size is 13x23 (more than double the size of the next largest lots!)

20120217085305.png
height limit?
Good call, I forgot about that! I'm setting the height limit at 50 blocks. That way I have some room to work with as to the exact location it will be built.
Alrighty, for authenticity I'll be having dirt/stone base at the river of my town (but will be flat on top of that base 15x15 for rules). Submission rules? Just pic and warp?
You can build it somewhere in Minetown for me to come look at, although it might be wierd having the same building in two places, or you can build it on singleplayer and post screenshots (good detailed ones) in this thread. Or, if you have a private server of your own (dont advertise it here, I dont want to get anyone banned) you can build it there for me to come look at as well.
Does the winner build it, or will you be building it? (ie, will it be exactly the same as the entry?)
Unless the winner really wants to build it again themselves, or just wants to help build it/make sure I dont screw it up, I will be building it myself exactly as it was designed.
Hi Fettuccini,

I definitely want to enter your contest, just have to get my act together and get something designed by the due date. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Good luck everyone!

-MIZE
I want to enter
Ok good, thats three.

ALSO: Bump