Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] World's Edge Lighthouse Design Contest!
Started by [E] Fettuccini

i might enter, but i will have a mess around in single player first. Also, im guessing that if we use creative mode in single player, we would have to use blocks reletively easy to get. (eg. dont build it out of diamond blocks!)
Thats a good point. Having some rare/expensive blocks in the design is ok, but dont use them as the main building material. If I cant afford it, I cant build it!
i'm in
Added screenshot of the lot the winner will receive.
I'd like to enter too <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

EDIT:

Could the winner's custom lot BE the lighthouse?...
Fettuccini wrote:
You can build it somewhere in Minetown for me to come look at, although it might be wierd having the same building in two places, or you can build it on singleplayer and post screenshots (good detailed ones) in this thread. Or, if you have a private server of your own (dont advertise it here, I dont want to get anyone banned) you can build it there for me to come look at as well.

Giving a server address for an event isn't advertising, and no one should be banned for it if they say "come here to see my entry <insert server address>" If anyone get's banned for that, I'd be disappointed in staff, since you have requested server. Then again, if it's a private server it should be kept private and messaged to you regardless, so either way people shouldn't be banned (unless you can obviously tell they're advertising their server, then ban them, hehe).

Also, almost done. 30 units high, so far standard tower of lighthouse with three unique detailed designs, woohoo. /<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Question, do you want a revolving light or stationary? Revolving, we HAVE to ask Sawine or a Mod or Admin to see if the clock will cause problems for the server. Honestly, I'd suggest a stationary light, because the redstone clock IS kind of sophisticated, and will NOT function properly when there is lag (tested it many weeks ago).
No, the lighthouse is going to be a public area. By custom lot I mean its an extra large lot made specifically or the winner. Bad word choice maybe?

As for the server advertising thing, I just wanted to add that in there to be on the safe side. I would assume that its obvious that it wouldn't be advertising, but a mod might not see it the same way.

If you are able to make a revolving light that will function, go for it! But since that doesnt seem likely with the lag I would probably prefer a stationary one.
i was wondering... would you be wanting a normal white - red light house or would you be will ing to take something really original? I have a idea but it is not going to be your normal lighthouse..
You can make it look pretty much however you want, as long as it follows all the rules. I'm not looking for any specific type of design other than it be a lighthouse.
ok im building my entry right now

btw, ur town looks cool