Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Cryston's New Faction - GODS
Started by [E] Cryston

Really Kosa? I think we need one of those in a big ben structure in the new server's Faction city.
I'll need to work on designing an analog one, but I have a very good idea on what it would look like (from the redstone aspect). I can build a digital clock, but I'll definitively work on an analog one.
woa, thats a big project. It happens I saw a video of an analog minecraft clock yesterday, so allright now I feel less impressed. But still, its GRAND!

digital clocks are easy to design in real life-throw in some counters, some bcd to 7segment decoders, some displays and YAY, done. In minecraft each thing that would be a simple gate or IC irl is 2-3 chunks in space lol.

Do you have any draft designs for the clock you want to make? I'd like to see how you handle stuff-my minecraft latch design skills need more honing.
I could supply you with obsidian and wood.
how much space will it take to make this analog clock?, I'm curious how much we'll need so what we can build with this in mind space wise. Also I'm wondering how difficult it is to attach a chime mechanism to mark the hours and 15 minute marks by the minute hand. I understand I'm calling for a lot of work from the technical experts, but I think that this sort of quality in a city would be astounding.

I'll need some idea on the space and hopefully a working model that I can design around.

My idea is either to make a large clocktower, as long as the signals can be directed up the height of it without making the tower too broad with ways for people to go in and see the gears inside so to speak. The tower would be covered with design work and a large clock facing one direction, or possibly more directions if possible without making it too clunky.

The other idea is to build the center warp of the town be the clock face lying down. where the clock would be visible either through the floor of the spawn. with a large pantheon style dome structure over it with sunlight coming down onto the clock face. I am leaning towards this one as I think it will be more viewable without the wiring being in the way. Also if possible The circuit could be used to pass the time to secondary clocks in the ground in other places of the city. Not making new timers just passing those timers down to a second display.

Personally I think I would like the clocks to tell minecraft time, with it ticking by the hours of the minecraft day as we can't compensate for any tick issues within the server.

I can provide the safe falsebook signs to design this project, but I would prefer that as much of it as possible was done in regular minecraft redstone.
New faction?

(runs and hides)
I tried some designs for clocks, and looked at a few, but they're huge. I'll double check on sizes, but the one I saw indicated AM or PM as well. Compact clocks are really hard to make.

Looking down at it through the floor would be desirable if space were to become a problem...
With server tick the way it is, it is going to be painful to get it to be correct
Well, 10 server ticks is equivalent to 1 in-game second. So 600 ticks is 1 minute. And 36000 ticks is an hour. That's already a lot of ticks. It doesn't have to be 100% accurate. Also, we could use FalseBook ICs to sync the clock with in-game time. Or, we could possibly look into other ICs to help us with possible block ID changing? I don't know if any ICs exist for that...
Yes, the in-game day is 20 minutes long... Whoops. Maybe not so many ticks after all.