Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Spamming Dislikes on Mod Apps
Started by [E] Matt [5]

If you look in general discussion then look at all the sticky's there will be one saying "mod application format," or something along the lines of that. Just copy and paste it in the moderator application thread. Hope this helps <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> And back on topic I think this is a problem because I made a moderator application which got removed (I think,) because it had too many dislikes. But it doesn't come as a surprise as I am too young. But still -15 is still a bit much.
Craft, here's the link: http://minetown.net/forum/page/1/m/672632/viewthread/645288-moderator-applications

I have it favorited for when and if I ever get the time to feel that I'd be able to devote enough time to gaming.
it says you have to be 16?!?!?! thats unfair im only 13 D: but i make good decisions on minetown!
craftermaster, its not unfair at all. Younger kids are more likely to make mistakes and not think things through all the way. Me I think 16 is to young as well.
Like i said its just a number. Mods dont care for the number they want to see how well u do ingame on answer question or on forums helping new guest get the information they can. Its not about likes or dislikes it about how well the person can commit to doing a task that will better the minetown community and keep all players at a well understanding level of fairness and unfairness. The votes are just the communities favor of that person the more Negatives the less likely the members will like that player but if the mods/admins do infavor like the way this person understand technical problems and member vs member situations and has a full understanding of how minetown works with rules then that person is much more likely to become a mod.
I agree with drupe

I try never to touch the dislike button cos I know how annoying it is to see -1

But there are cases when they just do deserve it...
okay ill wait :/ well i do need to work on my pvp arena
i have a request, it may be big, but a request nonetheless:

for people under 16 who want to be mods, can there be a position called as in a mod with more limited abilities than a
That position was basically just created with . However, I think that the age minimum is still 16 for the helpers.
There already is a position, Craft, from what I understand. I believe it is titled Helper. However, you need to do a lot for the server. Not for the title, but because you want to help others. Example: isoccerplayer. I've been with isoccerplayer since he first started. Helping him out, guiding him and such. Eventually (since I'm in uni and can't play often) he surpassed what wealth I had, went off on his own and founded his own town. Then, he let his town run itself (from my understanding) and helped people as often as he could. He only did it because he wanted to help, not for any type of gain. Mods/admins really look for that quality in people who are applying to be a mod, I'd assume the same is for helper as well.