Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Spamming Dislikes on Mod Apps
Started by [E] Matt [5]

Onto discussion.

Personally I never thumbs anyone down, except for extreme occasions.

Someone has a different view or is doing something that doesn't help me? Fine by me, considering I would never meet this person anyway.

Unless someone's being a major dick, I'd keep my hands off the thumbs down button.
Come to think of it, I've never thumbed anyone down
Dude, I think it's just someone that thinks they lower people's chances/improve their own chances by thumbing down others.
We are looking for a solution <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>!
I don't usually thumb down, but I did thumb down those 14 year-olds applying for mod.
I had my vote count reset, because someone (one person) thumbed down about 70 of my posts. Then someone thumbed down 70 more posts, bringing me to the -64 I am now (I'm assuming the same person). Why did I get thumbed down? Well, apparently helping people on the forums is bad. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> I'm just going to ignore it now, as should everyone. Here's the thing. The value of what you have to say will never change based on your vote count. If you help someone, you're helping someone. Whether your +700 helping someone or -700 helping someone, it's still the same. I think I remember a mod who was negative (maybe not anymore, but still my point stands). As well, I know a lot of people in the community who I think might make a good mod (one day) who have negative votes. Excuse my language, but some people are just dicks and have nothing better to do with their lives than thumb down every post they can get their hands on. So all in all, I agree with Drupe.
Please consider voting.

In this thread.
Yea personally, I dont care whether I am thumbed up or down, It not going t ostop me at all from posting helpful threads or helping those that really need it on the server...its jus tan imaginary number and has no reflection on the person i really am.
mod apps are the only thing i will thumb up or down on a regular basis because i feel they should have a proper listing of how other mods feel about that person joining a staff rank. other than that i relaly only will give a thumb up for soething that is awesome lol

but yea, i dont think enjin can do anything about the voting system...ive run SMF forums bfore where you cant vote on single posts, but just the member once per hour...kinda helps keep it a bit more accurate for things like this...but like i said before...dont worry about it...they are 'virtual points' where everyone wins because there is no prize.
speaking of mod apps, where can i find the layout for one? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>