Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] An ingame guest help 'booklet'
Started by [E] nicilbar

Sawine, that was what I was originally suggesting - not a physical book but simply commands which bring up text on a screen. I did breifly consider the book but I know it would have been a nightmare for the admins.

Edit: I meant devs - too tired to think straight.
We had mentioned some sort of interactive walkthrough before in the thread, and if Sawine and the others are making something like that in the new world, that'd probably do it! They would literally have to read the signs to get through the course, bridge spawning, etc. Plus, it's more fun than some book xD I'm all for it!
I think both are a great idea. The interactive thing could be fun, but we don't want to put aside the original idea - the whole point of this was really to have a simple, portable, easy to use way of finding out information.
Personally, I like discovering things myself, but that's just my opinion. Something like this COULD work, but in the end would it really be worth it? I mean there's a whole Wiki dedicated to this server to get guests started and that's what I used. I just researched the forums and looked stuff up on the Wiki if I needed help with anything.

If anything, I think the most efficient thing to do is to utilize more promotion of the Minetown Wiki to guests. Maybe try to make them more aware of the Wiki by directing them with more signs and mentioning it on the forums. People will always ask questions but this is at least one way to minimize it effectively.