Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] An ingame guest help 'booklet'
Started by [E] nicilbar

I think its a clever idea, and it will most likely help out with new players.

Although, like Zionia suggested, the Mc wiki has everything from a beginner guide to how to make crazy machines.

I think a sign with the link of the Mc wiki at the spawn would be just as helpful and less work-heavy for the admins.
sirxdoughnut wrote:

Although, like Zionia suggested, the Mc wiki has everything from a beginner guide to how to make crazy machines.

I think a sign with the link of the Mc wiki at the spawn would be just as helpful and less work-heavy for the admins.

LOL no arent u listening xD they dont read the signs at spawn we have established that.

Put the link in a broadcast for it to be seen and effective
Coffeey wrote:
sirxdoughnut wrote:

LOL no arent u listening xD they dont read the signs at spawn we have established that.

Put the link in a broadcast for it to be seen and effective

Oh shoot, I didn't read any of the posts apart from the actual topic post. Well yes, you are right. People don't read the signs like they should :/ Just like I dont read all the posts like i should.. heh..
Zionia wrote:
/me makes a comment...

Go to the Wiki Page!!!! Its a how to guide for starting players <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

If any of you have ideas on how to improve the wiki in this way or have ideas for articles (whether for new members or in general), or what ever, feel free to send me a PM to discuss possible changes.
I was just suggesting that we have one ingame. I know there's a wiki page. As I said, it was just an idea that I was throwing out there.
It is a good idea. Only problem is the game keeps changing, the plugins keep changing. So the book would have to be updated constantly and I am afraid we would not be able to keep up. Then once again the staff would be the blame for some untimely death.
Hey,

A lot of points about this idea have already been covered in the thread, (how some guests can't read, the fact that it would outdate and etc...) It could still be an interesting idea to develop to have a simple plugin with pages that explain some of the basic features. We will consider it.

On our new MT1.0 world we are planning to have an optional interactive tutorial "parkour" where they would learn about the commands and have to trigger some bridges and other stuff (a bit like when you start playing Portal or any games with tutorials...)

Cya
going off that sawine, i know i went to visit another server where they actually spawn you the first time in a mazelike building where you have to read the signs with all the rules and commands in order to figure out how to get into the world...maybe we can do something like this? enforce sign reading!!!
Zionia wrote:

going off that sawine, i know i went to visit another server where they actually spawn you the first time in a mazelike building where you have to read the signs with all the rules and commands in order to figure out how to get into the world...maybe we can do something like this? enforce sign reading!!!

Yes, I have been on a server just like that where to get out you have to find the secret letters within the signs. The letters eventually form a word which you use to spawn out of of maze-like starter area.
Sorry the lag made me double post..