Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Lack of staff -
Started by Unknown User

I've notice for the past few days that there are very few mods/admins that do work on the server. It takes 3-4hours to get a pe answered so that's time you need to stay idle in the game to get something done. Lots of people spam there server ips in the server as well as just random guests flooding chat. The only thing i see mods doing is banning people. There are a few times were there are no mods on.
Hey! The only non-mod person who gets to yell at or criticize the mods is ME! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

I'm pretty sure it's just the time of year -- lots of people are taking finals and/or traveling.

Your pe will be answered (and 3-4 hrs really isn't so bad, lol.) It's not instant... this isn't Blizzard Entertainment.

EDIT: This is Sparta.
MonsTheSexy wrote:
I've notice for the past few days that there are very few mods/admins that do work on the server. It takes 3-4hours to get a pe answered so that's time you need to stay idle in the game to get something done. Lots of people spam there server ips in the server as well as just random guests flooding chat. The only thing i see mods doing is banning people. There are a few times were there are no mods on.

You get what you pay for...
...i do pes every time i get on. usually am at it for 2-4 hours doing them each time. please dont complain about your pe not being done immediately. The PE system is set up so that the staff can get to them at their availability. The staff are there to help, not to do every thing for you.

this is a busy time of the year with the holidays right around the corner. most college students have exams this week and a lot of people have family or are going to visit family. please be patient as we are also trying to build the new world as well.
Lawls darth thats pricesless.. And in all honesty not to be bagging on the mods or admins or whoever does pe's when they are on but the only person i usally see that does the pe's is either zionia, bacon, and danni.

and mons dude remeber mods and admins are busy keeping the server intack just wait awhile eventually they will get to it.
Yeah, and Idk if you knew this, but the MODS/ADMINS are also spending time making a new 1.0 world, and BRAND NEW spawn. THats no small task. And with holidays, there will probably be a shortage of MODS/ADMINS, but hey, they deserve the break. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Just like regular members, staff have lives besides just being staff on a game server. Usually people's mismatched schedules work for the benefit of the server in that there will always be a few staff members on, but that doesn't mean it's impossible for everyone to have other obligations at once. In such case, if you find your playing halted as well, you are welcome to log off and enjoy your real life for a little bit.

Additionally, there is a lot of stuff that happens in the background of running the server. Members are not notified of every little step and tweak that staff does to make the server enjoyable. As you were unsurprisingly not aware of, there was several times over the weekend where petitions were coming in faster than they could be properly handled, even with multiple staff members working on them. If you do a /who or /online in game, you will probably see over 100 people online. That's a lot of people to handle.

Things that staff do:

- Fulfill 100 to 300 petitions per day

- Review 200 to 500 whitelisting applications per day

- Take care of monthly event details

- Run three to eight smaller events per week

- Ban ten to 50 people per week for breaking the rules that make Minetown a good place (do you like being griefed and stolen from?)

- Work on new features to make Minetown better (including building a brand spankin' new world)

- Socialize with members to make them feel like "part of the family"

- Respond to multiple forum posts and private messages each day

- Work out server bugs and issues to beat down the lag and glitch monsters.

- Put up with ungrateful jerks that think the world revolves around them

- Some other tasks I'm too tired to list out.

And if they're lucky, they might find ten to fifteen minutes to play as a MEMBER undisturbed.

Now, being a staff member isn't necessarily bad, even with all the responsibilities, and personally, it's awesome to be able to help people. But it will always be wrong for someone to assume being a staff member on a large server is easy. The server didn't get large because staff sat on their asses and ignored members needing help. It got large because staff IS active, even if you don't see them constantly saying stuff in chat or have them waiting on you hand and foot.
ModernDragoness wrote:
Just like regular members, staff have lives besides just being staff on a game server.

It's all your fault, Modern.

You should work moar better. :crazy:
Well said...another important thing to remeber about the staff. We dont get paid for helping on the server. I personally work a full time job to pay my bills. I know other staff members work and go to school. I personally think we do a pretty damn good job of keeping up with things. Now my house that I have been building for 6 months still looks the same, but thats another story.

thank you
Haha I think it's funny that I got three downvotes for my post saying that you get what you pay for.

I'm interested in knowing if they were donators or not. I've donated, not much, and plan on donating more after the holiday season is over.

I just don't understand the mentality of complaining about mods not being active enough, or not reacting fast enough.

The moderators are first and foremost people. People that have lives outside of minecraft. They have stuff to do too, minecraft is just a hobby.

It irks me when I see people complaining about mods not answering PE's fast enough or bugging them in general chat without submitting a petition first.

Just relax people, be thankful you're on a cool server that has a staff that cares enough to keep coming back every day. Go read through all the ban appeals, see the kind of morons they deal with.

20080515172418_80s_frankie_says_relax_sign.jpg