Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Top 5 Anime!
Started by [E] subterainer

Death note

Berserk

twgok

to name some.
femputer wrote:
GACKT wrote:
It seems you're a big fan of Miyazaki films, since you named 3 of them, All the love for AKIRA? You won't understand if you weren't born in the '80s, The film became a hugely popular cult film and is widely considered to be a landmark in Japanese animation and film making in general. Grossed over 11 million in the US alone.

You might think it's a steaming pile of poo watching it now, but watching it back when it was first released was a completely different experience.

i was born in 89' son! with akira i probably watched it at an age i shouldnt have.. it may have been a technical masterpiece with the 50 or so shades of grey they used to colour cells but the story just wasnt there. a friend tried to explain it one day and told me something nutty about tetsuo finally being at peace with himself, 'i am tetsuo'..lolwut?

as for studio ghibli, those films are special,  miyazaki is a master story teller. miyazaki creates a spectacle with his films, and if not anything else they are interesting to watch. 

thought neon genesis evangelion was ok, so im not completely allergic to these dark and disturbing anime, lets just say akira not to my taste. also tolerated blue gender, though it did make me feel a bit sick at times.

ps i will try beserk mrpink, you were right about dark souls.

AKIRA came out in '88.

I agree Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki make some of the greatest animated films of all time, I bet you anything Princess Mononoke would still be #1 number movie of all time if Titanic had never come out.

I agree about the Dark Souls comment as well haha, ID Software's games are amazing, both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, though I hate that Namco published it, they are horrible at marketing games.
On a side note about Dark souls, i actually manage to finish it this monday. 55 hours, and too many death to count it.