Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Monster Spawnbox plugin
Started by [E] Lazareth241

Ok, a spawner is available in the CS, but wouldn't it be nice if we could change the mob that comes out, or even have a mod do it for us?

Well it can be done with this Bukkit plugin

Anyone who wants this please comment to show support for the idea. Thanks~
would ruin the economy, no
daniel, and how would it ruin the economy? If moderators alone could modify spawners to replace say.... a griefed spider spawner that I had fenced off inside a dungeon?

There could be specific rules, and custom spawners could be used for events (like gladiator or something)

Aside from that you can purchase a spawner in CS for 20k credits that only spawns pigs. Personally I think a sheep spawner would be preferrable.

Wool is extremely rare and already farmable since you can put a deathtrap on a spider spawner and collect string to make wool. Apart from that, even if wool was common dyes would still be rare and a pain to obtain. An increase in wool would help people create more elaborate buildings instead of <cobble> everywhere. I can get over 200 wool a day from my spider spawner if I camp it for hours, so don't say that so lightly. What else on earth could a monster spawner possibly do to the economy?

Monster drop increase? Nope, easy to make a monster spawn farm with a lava blade for that.

Daniel, why don't you go troll elsewhere instead of posting so lightly without a carefully reasoned argument.
Pig spawners are an acceptable item because even without them, pig products (raw pork and indirectly, cooked pork) are low value. Accessing other spawners does sound nice, I admit that, but there is validity to the argument they could "hurt" the economy if available outside admin events (oversupply=lower prices=decreased gold exchange=some people feeling stagnant). Someone that sets up a mob trap has to invest a lot of resources into the farm setup to make it efficient, followed by investing time into waiting at the pickup point. It's not a "free" ticket the way a pig spawner is, once placed. So comparing a say, zombie spawner, given by an admin to a mob farm, or even a spawner in the wild (whole 'nother rant) is like the good ol' apples and oranges issue.

Wool is NOT rare. Laziness does not equate lack of resource. Wool prices are high because people can't be bothered to chase sheep around, much less wasting their swords (I'm probably one of the few that actually carry shears around) on mineshaft webs. You can also trash the idea that more wool would equal less cobble buildings. Short of making a generous "kit wool" available to everyone, it will never replace a cobble as a newb's/noob's first choice of building material.
considering how hard it is to save up 20k for the average person to actually buy a spawner, getting to change it to something other than pigs ISN'T hard.

You guys can just sink the idea that a mbox changer will ruin the economy,, here is my flawless logic: once 1.9 comes out people will be breeding sheep left and right, wool will be everywhere, same deal, get over it, if monster spawner modifier is implemented, the WHITE wool price will drop currently, but it WILL HAPPEN ANYWAYS when 1.9 is officially released. Dye prices will remain the same as before because nobody wants JUST white wool. EDIT (they like color variants to go with it usually, some cases call for only white wool like certain designs)

Stop this crap about it ruining the economy, because it won't change anything other than the Wool supply atm, which will be flooded soon anyways. I personally want to see an arena where people fight a herd of various monsters for a prize. I also want it so if I have a dungeon spawner that I wanted to keep intact and some noob goes through and breaks it, I can get it replaced by a mod or admin.

Now try to ignore that argument like you did about my obvious statement about how dye prices will still remain the same.
Demanding people agree with you and whining about how they don't, is not only trollish (congrats?) but fails as open discussion/"carefully reasoned argument". Obviously, you're still upset about losing one of your precious spider spawners and could use taking a break. I hear "real life" is quite a dynamic "game".

Seriously, it's not coming back, deal with it.

When you're ready to actually have a proper argument instead complaining that people don't agree with you 100%, then I will waste time on explaining Minetown's woolly reality.
You're the one without a proper argument, I've made a reasoned statement based on your argument. Your insults are proof that you can't come up with a valid argument to say no to monster spawn boxes. Don't talk about a proper argument when you can't find a flaw in my logic.
Actually 20k credits is not all that hard to save up, its only about 18 days worth of voting.
simple way to get a spawner, vote everyday might take a few days but youll get there!
You can vote every 24 Hours

You can vote every 12 Hours

150 Minestatus

150 XtremeTop100

150 MINECRAFT Servers

150 GAMESTOP 100

100 MINECRAFT SERVER STATUS

75 Private Server - top100

50 MINECRAFT TOPLIST

50 TOP G

50 FANSITE LIST

25 Top 100 Private servers

25 MCTOP100

25 MINECRAFT100.COM

25 UTOP 100

So if we look at this carefully it can be expressed as a mathematical equation~

(150+75+50+25) x 2 + (150+150+150+100+50+50+25+25+25)

300 x 2 + 725

600 + 725 = 1325

So it is possible to get 1325 MineTown credits a day

20000 / 1325 = 15.09

Basically, it will take 15 days and 12 hours to gain enough credits to purchase the spawner from scratch