Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New Server = New world = New Spawntown?
Started by [E] Landro

Greetings sexy minetownians, please take a moment reading this post.

This thread is a suggestion.

The new server appears to be going live soon.

Sawine ensured us that Minetown's many towns, cities, villages, buildings, artwork, ... will NOT get wiped.

*wipes sweat of forehead* Phew!

However, if I understood everything he said, the current main world will become a secondary world when the new server goes live.

There have been many forum posts going on about new plugins, events, etc... A lot of good ideas have been put on the table.

Though, has anyone been thinking yet about a place to stay? (cfr current world: spawntown)

The new world will need (a) new city/cities. And since we have some time before the world opens its doors we could actually organize this rather than have everyone wandering off in all directions and leaving trails of unfinished projects behind them.

If we calm ourselves down for a moment instead of rushing to the new world and stick our brains together, we can create something really really neat.

So via this thread, I'd like to create a big box of creative ideas on cities and the like for the new main world.

When our big box is filled with ideas, the staff team could pick some of their favorites out of them and stick it in a poll so the community could vote on their favorites in turn.

:fix:

A question towards the staff team: I am not sure, but you might already have a set idea for a 'spawntown' in the new world. If this is the case: okay! However, it would be fun if the community would have a say in it. No?

If you disagree, please don't lock this thread down as it will probably bring forth ideas for new city projects in either the main or the secondary world. Thank you.

It might be a wise idea to set up a few rules for this thread:

- This thread is about city projects only. NOT about events, plugins and others. If you have ideas on those subjects, go to their respective threads:

Events

Plugin Ideas (unfortunately, each plugin idea has its own thread, rather than all of them posted in one sticky thread)

- Please try to remain on topic at all times

- Post wild ideas/dreams, but stay realistic

- Have respect for each-other's ideas.

After a staff member could post some feedback on my question towards them, I'd consider sounding the kick off for brainstorming!

Hugs n kisses,

Landr0.

I would say for spawntown something that shows and welcomes our new as well as current players to the world. E.g. A place that when you see it you want to play this server, something really catchy and nice looking! TBH our /spawn now isn't that great (no offence). Maybe some place that you see every building in spawn town? Also the buildings to be not to low but not to high with things related to MT? This is just an idea so haters go back to your cages!

EDIT:

When I get some more ideas I might post some pics of miniatures etc.
how bout a MT tower as a center piece (basically like a city hall) with a impressive plaza/square surrounding it. if the idea of creating massive cart tracks to other places is still alive, then how about a grand central station, this could have underground tracks to keep the city above tidy. anyway just some litte ideas i had...
A metro station would be kinda cool <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

I like the current spawnrail/skytrain. However, you could do lots of lots more in a metro station (decorate the staging areas, tunnels, etc).
What we should do is a map with an obby maze, no light and random jump spots.
i think another we need to remember is that any new guest that come onto the server need to be impressed, so any buildings around the spawn need to be inspiring and impressive, but we also need to make it easy to get around and easy to find things, e.g. the bank, reward building and market place should be pretty central to the actual spawn. the metro station if we choose to do it should, i think be modelled off grand central in new york. the bank building we have already could be ported over. also i think that a water feature is essental, maybe like a long shallow waterfall.
ac3boyrom3o wrote:
TBH our /spawn now isn't that great (no offence).

I think this is your personal opinion because from most servers I visit, our spawn is still in the best ones IMO.

There is not much that is planned. We have an overall idea of what we are going to do, but we didnt specify more than that.

What I have in mind for the new spawn, is a very big (1k radius) protected area, city in a circular shape. And thats it for the moment lol...

If you ever played Lineage2 or Ragnarok, I was maybe planning to inspire myself from few of their architectures later on.

Also, my idea for the worldhub, was to make something like.. a big "futuristic" silo, like a space station.

But nothing is carved in stone, we'll see.

Cya
If we can link worlds together maybe have a planetoid style hub with portals on each planet?
okay... here it is.

Glass building in the sky, like the space needle, you can look down at spawn town from it and up inside you have player warps like /warp warp is now... it would be split into three upper levels... bottom is where you spawn with all glass so you can see out in every direction. middle is warps, top is roof with fountain and maybe some activity boards posting server relevant info...

there would be an elevator taking you halfway down the tower to a metro hub that shoots out in the four cardinal directions, then one more elevator to take you to ground level... you should mc edit the train station things in from the current world modified and adjusted appropriately...

personally, i would LOVE to build a space needle in the center overlooking spawn town... if i had the materials for free (just to develop it) maybe give me no protections until its done so i cant save them stuff or disable /cprivate for me... idk...

but id certainly build one badass tower... xDDD

good pic of space needle - http://susanwiggs.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/queen-anne-condo-074.jpg

something like the L train in chicago would be ideal for the minecart travel - http://www.x-tropia.com/images/article_images/chicago_adventures/survivingltrain/elevvated-train.jpg

get at me with some glass, iron blocks, and a little other stuff and you'll have a sweet lookin tower ;D
Sawine sorry I put it into the wrong sentence. I meant that the /spawn is quite good but could be improved, sorry for any hatred this caused.