Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Karterchamp complaints
Started by [E] Sarazil

Karterchamp has been harassing users on the server by killing them and taking their items. According to the rules this is acceptable:

*Note on PVP

It is only allowed to kill people and take the items they drop. Breaking structures or stealing from chest(s) is against the rules.

However I would like to raise various other parts of the rules, the boundaries of which Karterchamp is pushing:

1 - Do not grief.

This includes, but is not limited to:

•Causing troubles, problems or harassing

and

5 - Don't be annoying on purpose.

This includes, but is not limited to:

•Do not troll.

•Do not harass other players

•If someone asks you to leave their place, leave.

(Rule segments not pertaining to this thread have been removed.)

KARTERCHAMP'S OFFENCES:

Karterchamp kills people to become unpopular, essentially harassing/trolling people. This should be more than evident from chat logs.

This also makes the server unenjoyable, the chat is often ful of hate speeches and anger and popular features that are not PVP protected are targeted, rendering them effectively useless.

I left the last rule of set 5 in due to an argument between him and Chunkyt today, just for extra weight.

It has also been suggested that killing a player and then warping away is not allowed. I cannot find this rule, but Karterchamp has been doing this.

I must note that each offence on it's own is acceptable to the rules, however as a whole the value of the server has fallen. Nice timing there Mr. Flip.

WHAT I SUGGEST:

I suggest Karterchamp is forbidden from killing for items, only for defence and agreed-upon PVP. If someone goes to his home, he may kill them. However if he kills people who are simply working and takes their items more than twice a day he would be banned. This gives him a chance to prove himself a valuable member of our community and would alleviate the stressful atmosphere he has given to the server without giving him the potential satisfaction of the formidable ban hammer.

A NOTE TO COMMENTERS:

The last Karterchamp thread turned into a wave of hate and was locked. Please keep comments short, useful and to the point. Provide evidence by all means and ignore any comments directed against you. Lets be adult about this one and something may be done.
I fully support this argument.
Good post!

PS: Minestatus is pretty useless truthfully. Of course still vote for it! But keep in mind xtremetop100 is much better and if you only have a second to vote choose that one! However I vote for all. Its worth it!
I must admit, i dont really care about much of what happen with all that drama...

But you dear sir are the first to even do a thread without whining about karter.
Thanks to all three of you for your support. I just want to play a game, and games are designed to be fun. I plan to keep it that way. Mr Pink, your mob rock band is in time with my music...
I will make a last warning to karterchamp, If he ever do something again, It's a ban.
Here's my agreement:

Karterchamp originally killed me while i was building in my vault, by using a nearby warp (i dont know which warp he used) by pinning me in the corner while i was unarmed, and unarmored, i therefore built a tower "Near" his base (25 blocks away from his entrance) which i do use to mine regularly. He has since then, on a daily basis, warped to my town's warp (Which i recently was forced to make private) and killed me, the people building there, and anyone else there. He sits outside of my house, restricting my movement around in the area, and sits outside my vault. He really gets his worst when there are no moderators or administrators online.

His actions have greatly degraded my value of playtime on the server, and i have tried many times before to get him banned. I would not have a problem with him, if he did not constantly hunt me down wherever i was and kill me just to steal my items. He abuses this aspect of pvp on the server, and it is very wrong of him to do so.

I am also currently uploading 2 videos as video evidence of his behavior, which i will addend to this post shortly after they have finished uploading.

-- Chunkyt
Thank you Dobs, this is what we've been looking for.

Thank you Chunkyt for that, I think it's a good description of Karter's attitude.
I'm just officially gonna go trough with it.

Karterchamp will be banned with chance to appeal.
Well, I guess this is goodbye, I had a great experience with minetown but i guess its time to move on. Goodbye my friends, foes, others......... :salute: