Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Poll - Time to start working on the new FTB server #sweg
Started by [E] Osmosis

6171-leviosa.gif

Hi everyone,

Before I start:
If you haven't heard already, I run an FTB community that is moving to run under the Eximius Gaming network, called Orion FTB (formerly Orion Gaming and NovaTalk.) Additionally, the move will mean a redesign of the website, so please don't be confused by anything on Orion FTB's website that conflicts with what you're expecting. I will be drifting between Minetown and Orion FTB's forums to keep both sides in the loop, aiming to provide general community updates here and more specific news in the latter, though I'm open to discussion in either place (same goes for Teamspeak.)

I'm posting here because I need to know a few things. Most importantly, I need to know which modpack most people want to play. At present, there are only three FTB modpacks running 1.6.4 - these were all updated last Tuesday:

• Horizons (v1.0.6)
  • Direwolf20 (v1.0.3)
  • MagicFarm2 (v1.0.2)

Running on older versions of Minecraft are a number of well established modpacks that I have narrowed down to the following viable options:

• FTB Unleashed (v1.1.3) (MC Version 1.5.2)
  • FTB Unhinged (v1.1.0) (MC Version 1.5.2)
  • FTB Ultimate (v1.1.2) (MC Version 1.4.7)

My personal preference would be the Direwolf20 pack. I say this because, not only is it up-to-date, the previous versions have a massive following and many people will be excited to move onto this newer pack. The same applies for MagicFarm2, but the following is not nearly as large as Direwolf's pack.

My second preference would be FTB Unleashed. This is arguably the most popular FTB pack at the minute, but is incredibly laggy for users with lower-spec computers, is more prone to server crashing and doesn't have the Opis mod that will make server management infinitely less troublesome for admins.

This is all the input I can think of for the time-being, but I'm sure I'll have loads more along the way. Let me know which modpacks you want to see and why. I'm keeping it short and sweet 'cause I don't want you to zone out at a hundred paragraphs, so this is all!

P.S. - This is just an insight, not the final decision. I'll let you know when the final choice is made.
Just accidentally voted Ultimate ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

1st choice: Unleashed

2nd choice: Direwolf
was gonna say

who likes ultimate amirite
For the record this has me sold to Direwolf20 hands down:

ucQRxwR.png
tiny.1657361353.png
wrote:</span>

For the record this has me sold to Direwolf20 hands down:

ucQRxwR.png</q>
That moment you see a villager wearing a tentacool on its head. XD
Is this gonna be direwolf 1.6.4? cause taht one doesnt work for me . . . :'(
tiny.1657361353.png

Orion FTB (formerly Orion Gaming, NovaTalk and TrollTown.)</q>
Edit: I vote Tekkit.
omg u
tiny.1433451277.png

tiny.1657361353.png

Orion FTB (formerly Orion Gaming, NovaTalk and TrollTown.)</q>
Edit: I vote Tekkit.</q>
U forgot these

7G9vO.jpg
74.png

Is this gonna be direwolf 1.6.4? cause taht one doesnt work for me . . . :'(</q>
Can you explain your issue. I might know the problem and how to correct it.
My issue with direwolf's is the same as Liam's, it doesnt work. No idea why either-- when its loading up the game, it just closes at a random point...if you have a fix for that, that'd be nice :l